The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 3, 2014, 06:31 PM   #76
4runnerman

I started using it last year now. It is a great way to keep track of some stuff. I like the drop table set up the most. My phone is with me all the time so it is a great plus to have
Old January 4, 2014, 01:07 AM   #77
sirgilligan

It took me an entire summer to code up the ballistics calculator. I am glad you find it useful. I wrote it to help me sight my rifle in.
Old September 4, 2014, 08:47 AM   #78
sirgilligan

Should I sell the app?

I have been thinking about the future of the Gun Log family of apps. What do you all think about me selling the app, that is the source code, lock, stock, and barrel? If the right buyer could be found they could change the app's pricing to free because the app would be an advertising tool for them. For example suppose Brownells, Cabelas, the NRA, or Remington bought the app, they could put their splash screen on the app, add a page for news feeds, or other brand related news. This is just a thought. What do you think? If you think it is an idea to investigate then who would you contact? Would you contact the NRA, Ruger, Browning, Brownells, Midway USA, etc...?
Old November 29, 2015, 02:20 PM   #79
sirgilligan

I just wanted to tell the members of The Firing Line that use my apps there are some product changes currently underway. The Firing Line members have been very supportive and I don't want to leave any of them hanging.

Gun Log +P is no longer available for sale.

Users of Gun Log +P should switch to Gun Log or Gun Log SPC. I will make Gun Log and Gun Log SPC free in the app store until December 20th 2015 to allow users to make the switch.

The reason Gun Log +P is no longer available is because sales of the app do not support the costs of support. Gun Log +P uses iCloud and it appears that it either works with no problems or for some it never seems to work and there is no rhyme or reason to the issues nor is there a clear solution. I have sent my code to Apple for review and the Apple developers said that my code was correct to their specifications, so there is nothing more than I can do.

Also, Gun Log +P does not account for 1/4th of the total sales of the Gun Log family of apps and it accounts for 99% of all support issues.

Please make sure you download Gun Log or Gun Log SPC while it is free. I am doing this as a service to the Gun Log +P users at a total loss of revenue for my company for twenty days.

Apple does not share customer information so I have no way of contacting the users of my apps and I especially wanted The Firing Line members to know.