The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 28, 2008, 08:46 PM   #1
snoopster

Pecar Berlin Scope 4x10x40 and Bushnell ScopeChief

Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone has experience with some older scopes.
I just picked up a few rifles and scopes from an estate and am in the process of sorting out the good the bad and the ugly. One of the beauties is an in the box brand new Redfield Widefield 4 plex 2x7 Illuminator this one is going to stay in the collection. There was also 4 assorted Bushnell Scopechiefs in various configurations and two of them are Command Posts one in a 3x9
and a straight 4x. Hopefully this doesn't get to confusing. I need to make a little room and have a Winchester model 70 Varmint in .243 with the heavy target barrel. This appears to be a 1968 model and is in beautiful condition.
It was a safe queen for 40 years and had a German Pecar-Berlin 4x10x45 Scope mounted on it which was also a safe queen. I am going to part with this one. The question I have is what a scope like this would be worth as well as the others (ballpark). I have a feeling I would be better off splitting them up. So there is a couple of questions as far as values of the scopes and what someone thinks this Rifle might be worth. The ScopeChiefs are interesting and even though they probably are older scopes I might still use them. I googled the Pecar and it appears to be a fairly valuable scope.
I couldn't find one like it for sale or the ScopeChiefs just a few chats.
Thanks for any help.
Old November 1, 2008, 12:29 PM   #2
snoopster

xxx

xxxx
Old January 6, 2010, 04:46 PM   #3
jojo357

are u selling the pecar

how much do you want for the pecar scope ?? please send pics to
[email protected] thanks joe