The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 23, 2006, 03:15 AM   #1
magedragonofthefores

Hey Harley

How's it going? I recently aquired a FEG.9mm.MAK.PA63...ti came with a really niced stiched leather military holster. I have two numbered clips, one which has it's own hold in the holster. It really does look like an early "James Bond", gun. Any thoughts? the series has an AK in front? Anyway, respond as you will and I will check back to see what you think.
Thanks for any help,
Michael
Old April 23, 2006, 03:24 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

I don't have any knowledge or information on this gun. Regrets

HJN
Old April 23, 2006, 05:14 PM   #3
RJay

In Ian Fleaming's Books, , James Bond started off life ( Moon Raker) with a Model 318 Beretta (6.35MM ) but he kept a big .45 1911 under the dash of his old sports car for heavy use. Only later after his little .25 failed him he went to the Walther PPK in 7.65 MM. The Maks were loosely copied after the PPK. It is much cheaper to copy a proven design rather than come up with a new one. BTW your PA 63 is going to kick like a mule.