The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old February 26, 2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Dino.

What's my Radom VIS worth?

I'm thinking about putting my Radom on GunBroker but I'm not sure what it's really worth.

Based on the serial#, I'm going to say it was manufactured in 1941.
The pistol here is shown with aftermarket grips but I have the originals as well as a spare guide rod spring assembly that I purchased (just in case) and an extra magazine. The finish looks to be original and all the numbers match on the frame, slide, and barrel.

Any idea what it's worth?

Old February 26, 2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Dino.

Old February 26, 2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Ronbo1

Is the first digit of the serial a C and does it have a stock slot
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves

Abraham Lincoln
Old February 26, 2012, 04:10 PM   #4
Dino.

The first digit is a "G" and it does not have the slotted mainspring housing.
Old February 27, 2012, 08:46 AM   #5
jsmaye

Never sell a firearm.
Old February 27, 2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Dino.

Quote:
Never sell a firearm.
Whether I sell it or not would depend on the value, I guess.
Nobody?
Old February 27, 2012, 02:17 PM   #7
Ronbo1

I have a similar Radom with K9XXX serial number and features as yours, no stock slot with takedown latch, lanyard ring WaA77 german acceptance marks. Have the Robert Berger book on the Radom pistol but there is not much information on them. I was told on another forum the K block I have was made in 1943. Yours is probably from the same year, those made in 1941 would have the earlier Polish features (stock slot) I don't know about Radom value but WWII stuff keeps going up, I would sell the more common firearms before the wartime ones go.

Did some more digging a G block should put the date at 1942, Germans did not get going on making Radoms for almost a year and used up the left over polish parts first

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves

Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Ronbo1; February 27, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old February 27, 2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Dino.

Quote:
I have a similar Radom with K9XXX serial number and features as yours, no stock slot with takedown latch, lanyard ring WaA77 german acceptance marks. Have the Robert Berger book on the Radom pistol but there is not much information on them. I was told on another forum the K block I have was made in 1943. Yours is probably from the same year, those made in 1941 would have the earlier Polish features. I don't know about Radom value but WWII stuff keeps going up, I would sell the more common firearms before the wartime ones go.

Thanks Ronbo1.
Germany invaded Poland in 1939, so it doesn't make sense that the Radom VIS pistols from 1941 would have "earlier Polish features".

I don't remember where I found the information that dated my pistol, but I do remember it being 1941.
I'll have to look for the link where I found that information.
Old February 27, 2012, 08:40 PM   #9
Dino.

Quote:
Did some more digging a G block should put the date at 1942, Germans did not get going on making Radoms for almost a year and used up the left over polish parts first
That makes sense.
Thanks Ron!