The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 13, 2002, 11:41 PM   #1
FlyboyAZ

New Benelli Nova Aquisition!!!

I am sure you all can relate. I went to the local Gun Shop to buy scope mounts for a project and wound up with a new Benelli Nova 12Guage. Don't ask how that happened. If you don't already know this strange phemomena I won't attempt to explain it.

Broke it in yesterday and love it. I am a rifle guy, new to this shotgun thing but am liking it already. Feels great on the shoulder. Smooth to cycle. Not bad recoil. handles 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2 shells. Only one barrel but 3 chokes. Not exactly a clasical shotgun but it is very functional. The action and butstock are one molded piece (not sure if good or bad but seems very sturdy). Breaks apart very easy even the bold assembly. It is set up for a recoil reducer but it is certainly not necessary for the 2 3/4 shells but might be for 3 1/2.

Tell me what your guys think of my new aquisition. Go ahead and bag on it or brag of it, what every suits you fancy. I just wanted to share my excitement.

Oh almost forgot. I had to go back the next day to get the correct mounts because the guys messed up. Oh well such is life. I am happy.
Old January 14, 2002, 02:01 AM   #2
ViLLain

And new pricing for 2002 is going to make these guns the best deal in the industry. Move over Remington, Mossberg and Winchester!

Gabriel
Old January 14, 2002, 06:13 AM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Congrats on the new toy, I know full well how that happened(G)...

The Nova's a new kid on the block. Not much to go on so far. The only complaints I've heard about it that I've seen here are that it rattles when shaken and kicks hard. Light pumpguns and heavy loads WILL do that.

They do make some sort of recoil reducer for this that fits in the stock. Other than that, not much aftermarket stuff yet. That may/may not be important to you.

Enjoy, exercise it regularly, and have fun....
Old January 16, 2002, 09:23 AM   #4
SXSMAN

Nova

Is there a vacination for this plague?

Went in to my local gun haunt for one thing,walked out without it,but my arm wasn't empty.A used Nova in camo was an orphan,I knew of a loving home.

I added the optional recoil reducer to tame the kick and save my shoulder,mine only had one choke tube with it.Beretta tubes also work in Beneli ,not sure if any cheaper though.I'm not suggesting abuse,but the Nova is a gun for very foul weather and the first one to be grabbed in the rain and snow.

I'm thing about using the Nova recoil rod in the stock of a 10 GA SxS that I bought last month.

Funny,I walked in for one thing and came out with that 10 GA SxS,I think I see a pattern forming here.......................................SXSMAN.