The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old March 19, 2013, 02:13 AM   #1
jimpeel

Isn't this what we have been saying for years?

It seems that Adam Lanza had a score sheet -- the words of the investigating police -- that was 4 x 7 feet using 9 point fonts that he used to track infamous killers. That score sheet had ~500 killers listed. But here's the rub ...

The police believe that Lanza was using the list as a score sheet for the number of kills -- just like a video game. They say that he likely planned this for years. The most disturbing part is that they believe Lanza killed himself because if someone else in the game -- the police in this instance -- kills you they get all of your points.

So this was an insane individual wrapped up in gaming who played Sandy hook as his own game board. He even went from room to room, like a video game, achieving different levels.

The most disturbing thing in the story is this:

Quote:
'They believe that he picked an elementary school because he felt it was a point of least resistance, where he could rack up the greatest number of kills. That's what (the Connecticut police) believe. (emphasis mine)

'They believe that (Lanza) believed that it was the way to pick up the easiest points. It's why he didn't want to be killed by law enforcement.

<MORE>
So he planned his rampage around the easy target that was in a gun free zone.

His goal was to place his name at the top of the score sheet as the most prolific killer of all time exceeding even that of Anders Breivik which is still one more thing that we have been saying for years -- publicity breeds copycats.

Sources:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ted-outdo.html

http://www.newser.com/story/164618/a...ore-sheet.html

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey
Old March 19, 2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Strafer Gott

I don't believe that his mom never saw it or knew of the little monsters ways...
The enabling that took place here is just plain morally deficient. I realize that people of means like to dote on their offspring, but buying a firearm for a mental defective to practice with, and allowing access to it, is just wrong. I need to stop, as this subject really gets to me.
Old March 19, 2013, 09:03 AM   #3
Evan Thomas

Quote:
I need to stop, as this subject really gets to me.
And that's why discussing this event is still off-limits. We don't need the emotional responses, or the speculation. See the sticky at the top of the Gen. Disc. page.