The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 26, 2013, 05:46 PM   #51
akusp

Ken used to carry Browning HP. In fact the engraving on the frontstrap of his HP inspired me to have mine done.
Old February 26, 2013, 06:42 PM   #52
mega twin

On the last episode,the 457 co-pilot failed after the first test shot.
Wouldn't inspire too much faith in the gun for me
Old February 26, 2013, 06:47 PM   #53
Grizz12

Quote:
On the last episode,the 457 co-pilot failed after the first test shot.
Wouldn't inspire too much faith in the gun for me
Not an uncommon problem in any industry when things are rushed. They fixed the problem before it went out of the door which is the most important thing.

I would like to hear from anyone who has owned one and get their feedback, I REALLY like the co-pilot!!
Old February 27, 2013, 12:09 AM   #54
Willie D

Quote:
Ken was a very smart and colorful member here. It's a shame he got booted from the forum...

So that's what happened? That's a relief. He had been talking about health problems before I noticed his posts stopping I thought maybe he had passed away. Glad that's not the case.
Old February 27, 2013, 03:26 AM   #55
AZAK

Location: the object towards which the action of the sea is directed
Quote:
I thought maybe he had passed away.
He passed alright... but not away, a kidney stone is perhaps what you are remembering:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...a+kidney+stone
And if you ever visit Anchorage, perhaps before the whine of the jet turbines wind all the way down, if Ken is conscious, you may even hear him from the airport.

Never seen the show. I get enough of the "drama" whenever I venture into Anchorage. Worked in Anchorage for a number of years, back when Ken was CCing a Browning HP; not sure what his flavor is now a days. It could be his Seecamp under his "Hello Kitty" shower cap!

Now, go figure...
Old February 27, 2013, 01:35 PM   #56
spacemanspiff

A recent episode had Ken carrying that Browning. For purposes of the show I think they are all openly carrying something more visible. If anything it gets people unaccustomed to seeing such open carry a little more exposed to it.
Old February 27, 2013, 01:45 PM   #57
Sodbuster

KencarriedanLWS32aroundtheshop, didn'thespacemanspiff? GiveKenmyregardsifyouwill.
Remember, many times what we view as a curse in the present turns out to be a blessing in the future. Don't worry about it a lot. Things have a way of working out. Trust me on this one. - - Uncle Bill Martino
Old February 27, 2013, 09:05 PM   #58
UniversalFrost

Long live KEN!!!

i really miss him on here! i have bought several guns from him and he and his folks did excellent work on a seemless brake for a ruger 77 (one of the originals with the boat paddle style stock) in 338 win mag that i bought from him.. i also picked up a great deal from him on several other guns including a beretta 92fs that my wife still loves to shoot..

wish the admins hadn't been so crazy and booted ken (and several others).... i have found that i frequent this site less after several of the more colorful members were booted / banned by some of the newer admins... (even i was banned for a few weeks at one point)....

for those of us that remember ken i sure hope he comes back to the site (even using and alias he will be instantly recognized by his unique style)...

i still have to travel to anchorage to meet him in person! maybe next spring

Spiff, let ken know that we "old timers" from TFL miss him!

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old February 27, 2013, 09:34 PM   #59
B. Lahey

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ght=wildalaska
Old February 27, 2013, 09:46 PM   #60
UniversalFrost

yes, fully aware of the issues surrounding the banning of Ken.... all i can say is that i have not renewed my SWAT subscription since Ken and several others were banned.

again reference my comments above. when the craziness of 08' occured we had an influx of new members that really changed the outlook of what TFL is/was and that is when a lot of the "old timers" were banned or just plain left... (myself included) ....

I was a troll on TFL from the early 00's and finally registered and started contributing in 06 when i was headed back stateside (was stationed overseas in the first half of the 00's) ... at one point we even had Rich (the owner of this site and the magazine) contributing along with some industry innovators like the founder of McMillian stocks (do a search ) ...... those times have passed..

i am still here, but in a much diminished role...

long live KEN!!!!

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old February 27, 2013, 11:37 PM   #61
johnwilliamson062

I traded some PMs with PBP and Ken while the admins were cracking down. I ended up staying away for some time afterwards. I still have a infraction count on my account from that time.
I can't say anything about boycotting SWAT as I've never bought an issue in my life.
Old February 28, 2013, 12:09 AM   #62
Evan Thomas

The status of members, or former members, isn't a topic that's open to discussion. So... closed.