The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old February 27, 2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Gary Slider

NE Now Honors WI. NM Adds Another Quirk. Many Changes in Laws

Nebraska has added Wisconsin to the list of states it honors. This is the first change in who they honor since they first posted a list of states they would honor. https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/med...eciprocity.pdf

Wyoming has finally updated their list of states they would honor. Took them almost a year. The WY State Patrol also updated their list which was 3 years old and had incorrect info on what states WY honored. It only took me 3 emails and two phone calls to get them to update their lists. It shows that if you keep after them they will make the changes. http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/pdf/CWPFAQ.pdf & http://www.whp.dot.state.wy.us/wydot.../concealed_faq

New Mexico has added another quirk to their reciprocity. They are out to sign agreements with all the states they honor. But with one quirk. NM will not honor any permit/license issued to any LEGAL RESIDENT ALIEN. Though they honor a TX permit/license they will not honor a TX permit/license issued to a Legal Resident Alien. The same with all the other states they honor. So if you are a Legal Resident Alien even though NM honors the state permit/license you have they will not honor it as you are not a US Citizen. You can see that NM disqualification for Legal Resident Aliens by going here and scrolling down to number 4. http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/nm-c...ty-agreements/

There are changes coming to many states concerning their firearm law and www.handgunlaw.us is trying to keep up. If there is a change in your state laws please let me know. [email protected] I can’t see everything especially the small changes in a states laws. Handgunlaw.us would not be what it is today without people like you assisting. I can’t do this all by myself. I depend on people just like you. I want to again thank all of those who have assisted Handgunlaw.us in the past. You assistance is very much appreciated. I also want to thank those who have made a donation to keep the site up and running. Our expenses have risen dramatically and your help in this area is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

www.handgunlaw.us will be updated late this evening or early tomorrow with the changes above and other changes.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Old February 27, 2013, 10:30 AM   #2
CowTowner

Thanks again and always Gary for staying on top of this.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old February 27, 2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Technosavant

Thank you for keeping track of things.

Nice to see MO is shown as being recognized by those states. Nice to have a permit people love.
Old February 27, 2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Aguila Blanca
Staff

There was a time when I actually considered retiring to New Mexico ...
Old February 28, 2013, 12:07 AM   #5
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Of course, all of this may change if Jackson et al v. King et al (#72 on The List) prevails.
Old February 28, 2013, 10:09 AM   #6
AH.74

Quote:
Of course, all of this may change if Jackson et al v. King et al (#72 on The List) prevails.
Glad you mentioned this. I know the Plaintiff from the open carry forum. There's been activity on the case this month and it is progressing. The 2AF was successful with this issue in MA, so hopefully it will also go well here.

They've also brought a similar case in MO.
Old February 28, 2013, 10:20 AM   #7
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, there has been movement in the case. I updated and recapped the docket and filings on Tuesday. Please go here, TFL Thread, to comment on the case.