The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old September 9, 2005, 12:51 PM   #1
USP45usp

OR St. Roll Call

, just thought that I would get one of these going just for the heck of it:

Eugene, OR

Wayne
Old September 9, 2005, 12:54 PM   #2
NorWestr

Monmouth OR
Old September 9, 2005, 03:58 PM   #3
mark kruger

Springfield, OR
Old September 9, 2005, 05:51 PM   #4
USP45usp

Welcome to both of you to TFL .

Okay folks, don't be shy, I know there are more Oregonians out there .

Wayne
Old September 9, 2005, 09:03 PM   #5
kirkcdl

Here's one in Roseburg,not too many of us down here...
Old September 9, 2005, 11:06 PM   #6
joeha

I'm down here in Grants Pass shooting SASS under the alias "Up Chuck"

Up Chuck the Trail Cook
Killer of Appetites
Trail Cook for Hire
Inquire
Ace Mortuary
Old September 10, 2005, 04:14 AM   #7
Anarx

wow i just happend to browse here agian looking for a SA 1911 GI for sale..

anyway Portland soon to milwalke here..

if anyone wants to get togather shoot me a messege.. i'm mostly on ar15.com now adays

Jess
Old September 10, 2005, 10:34 AM   #8
USP45usp

joeha,

You thinking of going to Thunder Ranch since they moved down that way? I would if I could afford it but right now it's out of the question .

Anarx,

I try to stay out of Portland. The last time I was there was to go to the VA and my nerves haven't calmed down yet. That was about 2.5 years ago .

For those that are interested in just Oregon Concealed Carry and Oregon based politics, etc.., there is a good board by the name of www.oregonconcealedcarry.com/ . Good people. I'm banned from it but that still doesn't make it a bad board with good people (my own stupidity).

Wayne
Old September 10, 2005, 06:12 PM   #9
kirkcdl

Hey Wayne,not to go too far OT,but what happened to the Willamette Valley Arms Collectors show that is usually in September?I always look forward to going early Sat morning while all my buddies are sleeping off Friday night at the Eugene Celebration.I don't see one listed on the Fairgrounds website... ...Although this year there is some of the best entertainment I've ever seen at the Celebration...
Old September 11, 2005, 01:08 PM   #10
USP45usp

Not OT that I can tell.

October 22nd/23rd this year.

Hey, if your going to come up here for the show, give me a holler and I'll meet you there if you wish .

http://www.atthefair.com/2005october.html

Wayne
Old September 11, 2005, 02:13 PM   #11
kirkcdl

Wayne,that's the Collectors West show.The one I was referring to is the Willamette Valley Arms show,last one was in June,I believe.They usually do one the same weekend as the Eug Celebration.I most likely will attend the Oct 22-23 show,though,I'll PM you a couple days prior...
Old September 11, 2005, 02:50 PM   #12
USP45usp

I just called the Baron's Den, they don't know of anything going on this month.

Last year IIRC it was on the weekend of the 18th or so. Could be that they didn't make enough money and decided to let it slide this year.

And you know what is screwed up (not really), the guy at the Den knew who it was without me giving it to him. Great people those folks (and Walt and Gayle plus the puppies are GREAT people if you wish to meet them). And Raye and Taylor are good people also, so if you stop by, say howdy to them.

I went shooting this morning with a friend at an outdoor type range (not official) but I really need to get back over to the Den. Have a cold right now and "high" on nyqule(sp) so I can't make it over there this afternoon.

/oops, OT .

I listen to AM 1120, the Lars Larson show, and if there is going to be a gun show, they will advertise it and I will post as soon as I know .

Wayne
Old September 12, 2005, 04:01 PM   #13
mark kruger

You missed the WVAC show. The last one was on the third weekend in August.
(I was out of town, or I would have manned a table to help publicize the local
IPSC, IDPA, and steel matches.)

BTW, the next informal steel match at the Issac Walton League range is this
Saturday.

Respectfully,
Mark Kruger
Old September 12, 2005, 04:43 PM   #14
USP45usp

Mark,

You operate in the Eugene, Springfield area? With IPSC and IDPA? First time I heard of it, and I've been here for over 6 years.

Good to meet you .

(I must now apologize for all posts, present and the near future, as well as my spelling, I just got up).

If you could, give a bit more information on what is offered around this area. And I thank you for "coming out" and becoming a member. I am interested in IPSC and IDPA but hadn't found anything around and I'm happy that there is something that I can get involved with.

Wayne
Old September 12, 2005, 05:49 PM   #15
mark kruger

Yes, I'm in the Eugene/Springfield area and there are IPSC and IDPA matches in town.

In Eugene:

IDPA is on the first Sat. of the month. Starting at 9:15 with a new shooter safety brief at 8:20. The cost is $15 for non-IDPA members, $10 for members. 5 courses of fire with a total round count of 60-75 rounds (bring 100).

Informal steel match on the third Sat. of the month. Starting at 9:30. The cost is $10. 5 courses of fire with a round count of 75-130.

IPSC is on the fourth Sun. of the month. Starting at 9:15. The cost is $20. 5 courses of fire with a total round count of 100-120. New shooter brief by appointment.

Map to the range:
http://www.oregonipsc.com/eugene/epsrange.htm

Personally, I'd recommend shooting the Steel match first for the following reasons: it is the next match, it is less formal than the other matchs, and it is a _blast_. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

There are also matches at Albany, Roseburg, Tri-county, and Dundee along with other matches father afield.

Respectfully,
Mark Kruger