The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 9, 2022, 01:41 PM   #1
Drm50

Burris 6.5x20x50mm

I just needed the 6x Leupold that was on my Win70 308. I’ve never had variable power scope bigger than 3x9. Anyway bought a Burris 6.5x20 on sale for $180.
I’ve had good luck with Burris in past. This one seems to be no different. Very clear and takes adjustments perfect. My one complaint would be the reticle. It has the sniper reticle. It seems like the whole view is taken up with reticle. They start out like thick ends of a duplex then go to what I grade as a coarse hair with the sniper dots. You would think a scope of this power would have at least standard hair regardless of other embellishments. Then maybe that’s why this model is on sale so cheap. The Adjustable OL is what sucked me in. I don’t think Im going to leave it on the 308, I’ll find something to mount it on.
Old March 9, 2022, 04:44 PM   #2
BornFighting88

I have a Burris pistol scope with long eye relief. It is a newer one since the one I had from them that I picked up years ago failed. They asked NO questions…. None….. whatsoever.

They told me to box it up, ship it in, they would evaluate and then contact me for next steps. They couldn’t fix it so they replaced it.

I like their glass, nice and clear, and they stand by their product. I know it is made in either Japan or the Philippines now…. But even so…. What (very little) isn’t anymore?