The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 10, 2020, 03:48 PM   #26
mk70ss

Owned five CZ pistols. All were 9mm, all steel of various configurations. All were excellent. I wouldn’t hesitate on another. They are great pistols.
Old September 10, 2020, 04:03 PM   #27
vulcan73

Consider a CZ clone. I do have the CZ 75BD, a terrific gun but I also have a Tristar (Canik made) C100 in 9mm, 380 (no longer imported), and 40S&W (also no longer imported by Tristar). Next to the 1911, the CZ75 has been cloned more than any other gun (so says Hickok45). My C100's are a compact clone version of the CZ 75 compact and are also a terrific shooters.
Old September 11, 2020, 05:07 AM   #28
rc

Don't do it

CZs are like crack. You try a CZ one time and you'll be hooked. They feel great in the hand, are very accurate and reliable. I had a smith 915 for 20 years but eventually sold it. My CZs will shoot circles around a smith. Aluminum frames, steel frames. CZs are all good. Only drawback is the slide in frame design doesn't give you as much grasping room. But when shooting they handle great. The P01 compact are great CCW guns. The heavier full size SP01 would be a great competition gun. Even a standard CZ 75 is great. I have both standard and decocker safety and I think I prefer the decocker for CCW. There are some nice clones on the market too. Baby Eagle, EAA and some Tisas from Turkey. All seem to have a good reputation. They are a very solid design like a 1911 they are very copied.
Old September 11, 2020, 05:45 AM   #29
jetinteriorguy

I’ve had half a dozen CZ’s over the years, great pistols. Only one left though, a 75B SA. It’s the most accurate 9mm pistol I’ve had since my old S&W model 39. Other than a couple plastic wunderpistols all my 9mm’s are metal single actions.
Old September 11, 2020, 09:13 AM   #30
Average Joe

Best guns on the planet, bar none..........My EDC is a CZ75 PCR

Last edited by Average Joe; September 12, 2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old September 11, 2020, 07:33 PM   #31
volkstrm

Yea great guns for sure. I now have a CZ,75bd,75 compact,p-01 cz,40,97b. I have to sell off some guns when I was out of work and one of them was a sp-01 tac with the decocker. I miss that gun.
Old September 11, 2020, 08:21 PM   #32
sevt_chevelle

I carry a PCR that is highly customized, my GF also has a PCR.

The dovetail cut for the PCR is the same as the regular 75, so you can use any sight designed for the CZ 75.

P01 typically are in higher demand than PCR.
Old September 12, 2020, 08:40 AM   #33
1911_Hardball

A couple of weeks ago we got in a P-01. Two weeks of looking at it in the case every day was more than I could stand and it came home with me yesterday.
The strange part was the 2075 Rami that we'd had for months sold yesterday as well.
Old September 14, 2020, 09:56 AM   #34
jackstrawIII

Any CZ fanatics?

Um yes. Lots of them. Myself included. Try to find a CZ P-01 with a NSN (Nato Serial Number).
Old September 14, 2020, 12:27 PM   #35
HighDesert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstrawIII View Post
Any CZ fanatics?

Um yes. Lots of them. Myself included. Try to find a CZ P-01 with a NSN (Nato Serial Number).
Not made anymore. The number does nothing for functionality. I wouldn’t let it stop me from buying or not buying one. It’s always a good day for a new CZ!
Old September 14, 2020, 04:08 PM   #36
Skans

I have a CZ 75B. For years, I wanted a CZ 75B but couldn't get past their flat black painted-type finish. An all steel gun this nicely made should have an appropriate finish to match.

I finally found one with a glossy blue finish and I love it. It is one of my favorite semi-auto pistols. The only thing I might eventually change on it is the camming of the hammer. This is not a carry gun for me, so I don't need hammer-camming.
Old September 15, 2020, 02:10 AM   #37
JDBerg

I have a CZ 75B with the CZ Custom F.O. front (I like F.O. fronts) & blind battlesight rear sight set. I also have the CZ Custom race hammer since the rear sight extends to the back plane of the slide & made it hard to thumb-cock the stock hammer. Add in a little extra trigger work and this is one sweet shooting pistol. This works for me, a similar setup might work for you

Last edited by JDBerg; September 15, 2020 at 02:16 AM.
Old September 16, 2020, 08:59 AM   #38
Average Joe

It's funny, but I've never heard anybody have a bad comment about a CZ, that must tell you something....
Old September 16, 2020, 09:20 AM   #39
luger fan

Hi Joe. You also never heard about a CZ KABOOM or AD.
Old September 16, 2020, 11:28 AM   #40
cslinger

Quote:
It's funny, but I've never heard anybody have a bad comment about a CZ, that must tell you something....
Well the insides of most of them look like a drunken shop student with three fingers and a rusty chisel finished them........there is that.

I am of course being slightly facetious but every new CZ I get I cringe a little at the inside tool marks etc. and think this will be the one that doesn’t work......yet they all shoot lights out. Honestly that and the slide stop battering are really the only major downsides of the platform.

That said I have no experience with the higher end CZ’s (Shadows, TSO’s etc. )
Old September 16, 2020, 12:09 PM   #41
luger fan

Once again. The negative reply is NOT from a owner. Interesting that people who own them love them. Then you have those who think that if a handgun isn't made of PLASTIC, has a TWO PIECE 1898 Iver Johnson Safet Trigger, or is striker fired like John Moses developed 120 YEARS AGO. isn't CUTTING EDGE.
Old September 16, 2020, 01:27 PM   #42
TunnelRat

But he has owned CZs..., he just hasn’t owned the higher end models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 16, 2020, 01:43 PM   #43
luger fan

Hi Tunnel. I wouldn't consider a P-01, or a RAMI "HIGH END." .............but then again I am sure there are people who consider a KIA " HIGHER END."
Old September 16, 2020, 01:56 PM   #44
TunnelRat

CZ questions...any CZ fans?

He specifically said TSO or Shadow with regards to higher end.

Near the beginning of the thread he also linked a very positive review of a CZ that he wrote, he’s a proponent of the brand.

You really need to tone it down.

Last edited by TunnelRat; September 16, 2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old September 16, 2020, 02:11 PM   #45
luger fan

Hi Tunnel. He cant defend himself? Maybe you have been wearing a mask so long you think YOU are batman????
Old September 16, 2020, 02:11 PM   #46
TunnelRat

Okay then.

Old September 16, 2020, 06:44 PM   #47
cslinger

Dude I own three CZ pistols, have owned four and I adore them. They are fantastic guns. The fact is they are not finished as well as say a Beretta 92 which is comparable in price. That doesn’t make them poo but like most things they have their pros and cons.

I have experience with a fairly vast number of firearms and can speak first hand of the pros and cons of most everything out there.

I don’t believe I can point to any single gun that is PERFECT. Hell I will happily point out the cons of my most favored firearms.

CZ’s by in large are fantastic guns. In my experience not only do they run and shoot accurately they are very forgiving guns as far as shooting fast and accurate goes. That doesn’t mean they don’t have a minor wart or room for improvement.

Like was said I speak pretty highly of my personal CZ’s here.

“ Here are some of my thoughts.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=585851

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=598488

I also have a P01 that is a wonderful gun.”

Sheesh I feel like I just said somebody’s kid was ugly.

Last edited by cslinger; September 16, 2020 at 06:55 PM.
Old September 16, 2020, 07:12 PM   #48
cslinger

Oh and as to having to have a striker fired plastic gun etc etc. I also wrote this, specifically about a CZ.

“ A whole generation of shooters have grown up with tactical tupperware. Lightweight plastic guns spooged out into all kinds of shapes, sizes and colors. These guns are all fantastic and I have nothing against pragmatic plastic but if you have never picked up and shot a full size all steel pistol, do yourself a favor and skip the next Glock model that gets easy baked out and make your next purchase something that is quickly falling into the lost reaches of time, I think you will be happy you did.”
Old September 18, 2020, 06:11 PM   #49
kymasabe

Well...trying to sell my AR pistol so I can scrape up some $$ for an SP-01 Shadow, maybe a Shadow2, and...(forgive me)...but Beretta 92X Performance is running a close second behind the CZ's. I'd really like something that's visited CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works.
Old September 18, 2020, 06:48 PM   #50
Average Joe

I'm waiting for this craziness to die down so I can buy another CZ75..