The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old October 26, 2019, 07:14 PM   #1
libiglou

Kimber customer service

I have to post this. I have a Kimber Target 2 in 10mm. I,ve had the gun over 10 years and put thousands of trouble free rounds through it. About a month ago I start getting FTE 's and my brass was mangled when it was ejected. Upon inspection I noticed the ejector being loose. Not Good. I live in NY and although we have a good amount of LGS nobody is a gunsmith so I figure I just bite the bullet and send it back to Kimber. Now Kimber only has a one year limited warranty so I figure this is going to cost me. I call CS , got through quickly and spoke with some one who spoke English and knew what he was talking about. Great. He explained I might get charged for services rendered but he was going to see what he could do. I had to ship the pistol next day air with ups. Well 4 days later I get the gun back. Ejector was replaced, recoil spring was replaced. They exchanged my mag for a new one and test fired the gun with 2 diff types of ammo. My cost: $0. I was stunned. besides UPS killing me with a $100 fee to ship it next day air I couldn't believe I wasn't charged. I took it to the range today and it shot perfectly. Kudos to Kimber CS. They def have my business in the future.
Old October 26, 2019, 07:52 PM   #2
BringEnoughGun

I'm glad they helped you out. They wouldn't do anything for me. I bought a new ultra master carry, and it was beautiful in the case. After about 3 weeks or so of carry, the black finish on the slide started coming off. When I called them they said I should change holsters. I changed holsters, and it still wears off. Doesn't matter if it is leather or kydex. I guess I should carry it in the box.
I've got a combat commander and a M & P Shield that have both been carried for years and they still have their finish.
I'll never buy another.
Tell everyone not to buy a Kimber with the black finish on the slide if they plan to use it!
Rant over...
Old October 27, 2019, 08:31 AM   #3
rodfac

Gotta be a cheaper way to ship a weapon than UPS...that said, I worked for them for 20 years and can't understand the gouging...Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old October 27, 2019, 09:09 AM   #4
railroader

I haven't use this service but it seems to be cheaper to ship handguns.
https://www.shipmygun.com/go/
Old October 27, 2019, 01:07 PM   #5
Dan-O

I’ve had good luck with a local pawn shop that has a ffl. They charge $30 to ship guns. Same cost as what they charge for an incoming transfer.
Old October 28, 2019, 03:29 PM   #6
dgludwig

Gun companies with really good customer service (Ruger and Smith & Wesson are two that I've had experience with), pay for postage there and back by providing shipping labels.
Old October 30, 2019, 06:45 AM   #7
shurshot

That is good to hear!
Old October 30, 2019, 03:22 PM   #8
CarJunkieLS1

I'm glad you had a good experience with Kimber CS. I own a Kimber 1911 and had one in the past, I've not had to use their CS but if I ever do looks like I'll be taken care of.

Side note best CS I have ever had has been Mossberg, Ruger, then Rock Island Armory in that order. Worst by far was Taurus NEVER own a Taurus again.
Old October 5, 2020, 04:38 PM   #9
yournodaisy

Kimber Customer Service

Well I call Kimber about a common problem of my 8400 Kimber Montana in 25-06 not feeding correctly. Lots of comments on forums saying the same thing. Before I can even tell the lady she says " you get that from the internet forums?" and starts laughing. I said it's on a lot of forums. She said there always tinkering and screwing up our rifles, then want us to fix them", I said ahhhh No. I told her many knowledgeable people on forums with lots experience. I was like wow! Told her I thought they redesigned the follower spring to fix it. She said no, so I asked if she could end me one. Said spring hasn't been changed since my rifle was built. Could you send one anyway. Sure for 12.00 bucks including shipping. Told her to send it anyway. Amazing that they assume we tinker and screw things up.
Old October 5, 2020, 07:27 PM   #10
shurshot

Fed Ex charged me $109 and change last winter to overnight a Uberti Stallion back to Benelli to be repaired under warranty. UPS is only charging $100? That's a deal!
Old October 5, 2020, 08:12 PM   #11
Aguila Blanca
Staff

This discussion has gone almost a year with no comments, and now we get two that are totally off the topic.

Closed.
Jeepaholic
Closed Thread