The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 25, 2018, 08:52 AM   #51
Areoflyer09

There is a CGW Kit for the SP-01 Tactical, amongst the other decocked models.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75...for-decockers/
Old July 25, 2018, 08:20 PM   #52
hdwhit

Quote:
PushPuller wrote:
Im CZ hungry, but dont know what for.
Well, until you know what you really want, just leave the money in the bank or in the market and let it grow.
Old July 28, 2018, 06:05 AM   #53
PushPuller

Quote:
Well, until you know what you really want, just leave the money in the bank or in the market and let it grow.

That's probably what I should have done. But I went and made myself the owner of a brand new SP-01!
Old July 28, 2018, 06:57 AM   #54
claydoctor

I too am in the market for a CZ but don't know which one, too many versions. I tend toward the SA but it is all steel and the heaviest. None of the triggers have impressed me, even on the SA. Also, the grip seems just a tad too thick for my smallish hands. Has anyone put thin grips on theirs ?
Old July 28, 2018, 07:11 AM   #55
WVsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydoctor View Post
I too am in the market for a CZ but don't know which one, too many versions. I tend toward the SA but it is all steel and the heaviest. None of the triggers have impressed me, even on the SA. Also, the grip seems just a tad too thick for my smallish hands. Has anyone put thin grips on theirs ?
Yes look at thin grips from CZC, CGW and LOK grips. They will help if you have smaller hands. You can also do a trigger reach reduction kit from CGW. Out of the box stock CZ triggers are not great. Most grr better after about 300 rounds. They really sing with a little bit of custom work. IMHO
Old July 28, 2018, 07:38 PM   #56
PushPuller

Quote:
You can also do a trigger reach reduction kit from CGW.

Do you have first hand experience with the reach reduction kit? I took my SP-01 out to the range today for it debut, and its has met nearly all my expectations! But that factory reset is pretty gnarly. Three times I short stroked the trigger in rapid fire (didn't allow a full enough trigger release for reset). I had the intentions of having the pro package put into it, but after today I think the shorter reset, a barrel crowing, and the tighter barrel bushing would do wonders to a gun I'm already satisfied with.
Old July 28, 2018, 09:40 PM   #57
WVsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushPuller View Post
Do you have first hand experience with the reach reduction kit? I took my SP-01 out to the range today for it debut, and its has met nearly all my expectations! But that factory reset is pretty gnarly. Three times I short stroked the trigger in rapid fire (didn't allow a full enough trigger release for reset). I had the intentions of having the pro package put into it, but after today I think the shorter reset, a barrel crowing, and the tighter barrel bushing would do wonders to a gun I'm already satisfied with.
Yes. As i stated earlier in the thread. I have 2 guns a CZ 75B and an all steel P01 with the CGW Pro package. The Pro Package is the same as the defensive package with the addition of the reach reduction kit. The CGW’s famous RRK permanently re-positions the trigger rearward with the hammer fully lowered 5 mm’s and reduces single action pre-travel. The 85C trigger also helps and is adjustable.

The DA pull is lightened and cleaned up. The reset is amazing. It is one of the better DA/SA resets on the market.

The P01 is 7.4lb range DA and 3.8lb range SA

The CZ75B is 7.1 range DA and 3.2 range SA.

I have Shadow 2 there now which is going to be setup as a range only gun and will be 6lb SA and sub 3 lbs SA.

They work. David is a member here and has been developing these mods for almost 10 years. IHMO these days his shop is the best CZ custom shop out there. I prefer his work to CZ Customs. If you are mechanically inclined you can install the parts yourself. Personally the CZ sear cage and its design scare me so I have CGW do my work. YMMV
Old July 29, 2018, 07:51 PM   #58
M4BGRINGO

I have a CZ75 Tactical Sport (40 cal) I bought used from a fellow local gun club member. He had some work done to it, not stock. It is a great shooter, but it is UGLY! Sorry, I do care about what they look like. Since it is for competition I am not going to be too picky on what it looks like, it performs great. But, I wish it had the looks of my Dan Wesson.
Old August 1, 2018, 07:37 AM   #59
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdonly View Post
Another 2075 fan. Shoots as good as any 9mm that I own (and I have several). All metal and easy to carry.

Really nice gun. I love the looks and style of the Rami.

Yes, I would love to own one. A couple of days ago, I was talking to my Brother on the phone and he mentioned his CZ P101. Lol, I started offering him a number of firearms to made in trade and he would have none of it. Just loves the gun way too much to ever get rid of it. And I do believe him when he goes on to talk about the reliability and fine shooting.
Old August 1, 2018, 09:00 AM   #60
Skans

I have a CZ 75B in Glossy Blue - polished and blued as opposed to coated. It is a gorgeous gun and a good shooter.

Tags
.45 acp , 9mm , cz75