The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 3, 2009, 03:22 PM   #1
goodspeed(TPF)

Remington 597 warranty.

My note to Remington as follows. "I purchased a 597 from Dick's for a christmas gift for my daughter. We shot it for the first time yesterday and it didn't even get through a full 50 rnd box of Remington .22lr ammunition before a case ruptured and sent the extractor flying somewhere down range. I have the ruptured Remington case. I could not recover the extractor. I see you have acknowledged this defect and are replacing said defective extractors with "new and improved" extractors. As you can see, I am now in need of one. Please advise as to when you can ship me one as I would like this rifle in SAFE working order for my daughter. Thank you."

I have called Remington 6 times over the last 2 weeks and every time I FINALLY get to an operator (and they are all named "Remington Arms" and will NOT give me a "name" no matter how nicely I ask) she tells me that I need to call back as they are to busy to help me, says "Thank you." and hangs up.

I have also filled out the required information on their "Support/Help center" and have not received any response back as of yet.

Any suggestions or even compassion would be greatly appreciated at this time. Thank you. -Goodspeed

P.S. I did in fact order the Volquartsen one just this morning. But COME ON Remington!

http://www.thepiratefleet.com/index.shtml
Old February 21, 2009, 10:28 AM   #2
goodspeed(TPF)

Update. I was contacted by a Remington agent who said that their emails have been misdirected for the last month. I had to provide Remington with a copy of a signed FFL from my local dealer so they would send me my extractor. What a crock.

http://www.thepiratefleet.com/index.shtml