The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 11, 2018, 05:26 PM   #1
bspillman

FNS 9c question

Hey folks I found a nice FNS 9c at a good price. I was wondering what the track record of this model is? Can anyone tell about their experiences with it? Good or bad. Thanks.
Old November 12, 2018, 03:56 AM   #2
labhound

Excellent gun. Good trigger, no failures of any kind, accurate. Love mine!!!
Old November 12, 2018, 06:28 AM   #3
dontcatchmany

I do not have the FNS compacts, but I do have the FNS 40 (my first striker gun several years ago) and FNX 40 and an FNX 45.

All three of the FNH guns are exceptional. Thousands od rounds each and never a failure.

I have been hoping for a FNS Compact in 45 acp, but it does not appear that FNH is going to make one. booohoohooo. I would jump on a 45 compact immediately and still may get the 40 where I may be able to put a 357 Sig and/or 9mm when desired. Did that for full sized 40s.

Took the FNX40 out to my back yard range yesterday and put 150 rounds through it. Very accurate and it just fits my hands perfectly for a good grip and reach to the trigger to make it easier to shoot accurately.

Not trying to promote another website, but fnforum.net is a good place to go to ask questions.
Old November 12, 2018, 02:05 PM   #4
jmhyer

Love my FNS9c. Not many rounds through it, but it's had no issues thus far.
Old November 12, 2018, 08:19 PM   #5
Groundhog34

Excellent gun just don't ever need a part. Very bad customer service. They do not sell parts rather they refer you to a 3rd party overpriced company, I think it is called Midwest.
Revelation 13:11
Old November 12, 2018, 09:38 PM   #6
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
Excellent gun just don't ever need a part. Very bad customer service. They do not sell parts rather they refer you to a 3rd party overpriced company, I think it is called Midwest.
Overpriced? Compared to what? Not all gunmakers sells things as cheaply as Glock. Prices seem comparable to H&K or Walther. And mags for any gun can be pricey if Mec-Gar doesn't offer an alternative.

And while it can be frustrating to NOT be able to buy parts directly from FN-America, unless you do something you shouldn't -- like make modifications to the internals -- you'll likely NOT NEED any parts - except, maybe, a recoil spring assembly -- for quite a while: the guns are solid.

Midwest is pretty good and can deliver quickly, and their prices aren't bad. Their prices for FN parts seem right in line with H&K parts. FN will fix it for you if you send the gun in, and will generally provide a shipping label if you bought the gun new.

FN-AMERICA has a great warranty that covers the gun whether you bought it new or used. You don't see that much, anymore. If it was purchased used, expect to pay shipping.

(I've got an FNS-9c, which I haven't shot much yet, an FNS-40 [and a 9mm conversion barrel], and an FNS-40L.)

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; November 13, 2018 at 07:19 AM.