The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 24, 2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Retired15T

What CC holster for a XD 45ACP?

I've just recently started worrying about CC my handguns. I've had a CC license for a good many years, but typically, it was mainly for having the weapon in my car and hotel rooms and such. Since I've been in the Army for the last 21 years, I've just not really wanted to carry all the time.

But times are changing. Even in my small town. Plus, I will be traveling a lot more through Ga, Fl, and Tn. My Alabama permit allows me to carry in those States, so I'm going to.

My new favorite weapon is my XD 45ACP. When I have carried in the past, my S&W .38 2" has been with me and my XD 45 obviously will not fit in that holster.

So, what's a good, inexpensive holster for a weapon of this size? I'm 6'2" and 250lbs, and I tend to be able to hide weapons on me fairly well. I'm not fat per se, but I do have a little extra around the middle these days. I'm of medium to medium-heavy build.

Any help would be appreciated from those who carry similar sized weapons.
Old May 24, 2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Spammy_H

Everyone on the XDTalk forum raves about the Crossbreed Supertuck, and I think it is probably very well merited.

I have a DM Bullard Dual Carry for my XD45 Compact, and am very pleased with it.
Old May 24, 2010, 07:44 PM   #3
ClydeFrog

CC holsters for the XD .45acp models...

To my limited knowledge, Springfield includes a lot of extra stuff with new pistols; holsters, mag holders, mag loaders, cleaning kits, etc.
If you don't have the company holster or want a different model, check here;
www.miltsparks.com www.blackhawk.com www.blade-tech.com www.bianchi-intl.com www.safariland.com www.kramerleather.com .
Kydex or man made materials may hold up better in southeast US climates; June-Sept. Most companies have XD model holsters & gear ready to ship too.
For weapon retention-security the SERPA or Safariland SFS rigs would be best if you want a strong side belt design.
Leather or horsehide style holsters may take longer from top shops like Milt Sparks, Greg Kramer or Mitch Rosen.
Old May 25, 2010, 02:05 AM   #4
Retired15T

Thanks folks. I'll be looking into those later today.
Old May 26, 2010, 03:39 PM   #5
cycleguru

Definitely check out the Crossbreed Supertuck. It's not cheap, (mine cost me about $93 I think) but the quality and service are excellent, and I can't imagine any holster being more comfortable for all-day, every-day carry.
Old May 26, 2010, 04:06 PM   #6
laktrash

I bought a leather blackhawk Iwb That I'm pleased with. Its made for springfield xd. but my H&K 45 fits perfectly I was told that this common for them to interchange.
Old May 28, 2010, 10:00 PM   #7
Retired15T

How would a Glock 19 do with this Crossbreed Supertuck holster?
Old May 28, 2010, 11:18 PM   #8
arizona98tj

I'm not an IWB holster person and so prefer mine outside on my belt.

For my XD45c, I use the Concealable holster from Galco. It tucks up tight against the body. Galco is a local company and I'm all for supporting the local economy.

Old May 29, 2010, 11:27 AM   #9
jreXD9

check out southernholsters.com if you're looking for something nice to wear OWB underan untucked shirt. he's over here in acworth, ga.