The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old May 5, 2020, 06:39 AM   #101
5whiskey

Quote:
Looks like the last Savage Axis II I bought in 270 Win?
I too have noticed the Axis barrels are... well not quality. I bought my son an Axis with the hopes we could build a nice rifle out of it akin to the model 10 and 110 makeover. We half planned on rebarreling anyway, but I expected him to be able to get to the range at least some and enjoy it. Alas, nope. First 5-10 rounds group ok, after that it opens up real bad and real quick. And this is letting the barrel cool, so it’s not inaccuracy due to heat build up or warping it’s due to fouling build up. After 50 rounds the barrel is fouled terribly. Much like I bet this S&W would be.

I know this thread is old but it is very informative. Thanks for documenting your journey OP. FWIW, I agree that both Ruger and S&W cater more to snub-nose concealed markets these days. Everyone seems to love their LCRs, however I fondled a new SBH at a gun show a couple years ago and was really out off by fit and finish. It reminded me of a heritage rough rider... probably very functional but quite crude.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946
Old May 7, 2020, 09:41 AM   #102
BondoBob

SW customer service

I've also found that contacting Sales/Marketing or senior management works best when things have really gone bad. This works for any type of business weather it's manufacturing, cable / internet, or banking...

on prnewswire.com you'll find this contact:

Smith & Wesson Holding Corp.
(413) 747-6284
[email protected]

Ask her for contacts. Threaten the social media "storm" if you have too. I like the idea of posting on their facebook page.

Perhaps reaching out to the new parent company president's executive assistant would help. I do this kind of thing sparingly but it really works.

https://www.masslive.com/business/20...t-company.html

You won't and haven't gotten anywhere with the 800 number. I'd also check on linkedin.com. In the past I've searched VP of sales " company name " or " VP Marketing Smith and Wesson" for example. You click the friend request button, they accept you and you send them an email message. Or you just get their names and use the phone number above. Usually you will never reach the actual person, but you'll get their assistant who will be highly competent and capable. We used to call them secretaries and they made barely over minimum wage. Now they are the ones making things happen and earn six figures, how things change.

I've used this to get a refund on a $10,000 bed, and to get my internet back on after being off for a month in my community.

Marketing, Sales VPs and senior management executive assistants can get this fixed. You just have to do some research to find them.
Old May 9, 2020, 08:20 PM   #103
OneFreeTexan

I agree,, the higher up you are able to go on the totem pole, the better. Last year, I tried to contact AT&T, our cell service is fairly weak due to locale....I asked if they could put another tower in...His reply....”You are in a tourist area that gets high traffic 3 months of the year. You want me to spend $19,000 or more to put in a tower for 3 months usage,, sorry, it’s not going to happen” I appreciated his honesty,
Old May 10, 2020, 12:38 PM   #104
MJFlores

I'm late to this post but...the marks you see are "chatter marks" when they reamed the barrel prior to chemical rifling. A dull reamer used by someone who doesn't care about quality.