The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old May 22, 2020, 02:42 PM   #26
jar

Ortgies parts are pretty much available and it is a joy to shoot. IIRC there are only about 30 pieces parts total anyway. Jack First also makes most of the breakable pieces parts.
Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM   #27
Ibmikey

I have a number of pistols in .32 ACP (7.65mm) by Star, Llama, Walther, Beretta, etc. and love shooting the pistols because of their low recoil. As for a defensive weapon I think of the untold thousands of pistols in Europe that have been used in peace and wartime with great success. I was still apprehensive as to the caliber when two days ago while checking hog traps I found a 100+ pound boar that was intent upon being unkind to anyone venturing into the trap. In my pocket was a Colt .25 I took out to test it for functioning....a single .25 to the head put the hogs lights out forever. My trusty Hi Power was not needed that morning. So in conclusion with any handgun shot placement is critical.
Old Yesterday, 05:41 AM   #28
JERRYS.

unpossible, they say a .25 won't penetrate 12-18" of ballistic gel so it is of no value.

*** sarcasm
Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM   #29
jar

Remember, in 1967 the small caliber small size handguns were not banned from importation because they were hard to conceal, ineffective and unreliable.