The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old July 31, 2020, 08:16 PM   #76
Onward Allusion

You know what's really funny? CDNN Sports has a SD9VE (G3 Sigma) on sale for $399 each when 3 months ago they listed for $249. About the only 9mm pistol that is still going for pre-panic prices is the Hi Point C9.
Old July 31, 2020, 10:46 PM   #77
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
I respect your position, but I buy from whoever has what I want at the price I want to pay. When supply is scarce, prices usually go up.
Just to be clear, I didn't tell anyone not to buy from CTD, just said that I would not and provided one reason why.

I was a CTD customer at one point and they drove me off with their practices. At this point, I will never buy from them again regardless of what they have or at what prices. In practice, that hasn't caused me to pass up any good deals. Others always have better prices, especially when you factor in more customer friendly shipping/handling costs.
Old August 1, 2020, 10:47 AM   #78
dgang

For years have always found CTD prices higher than others on the internet. Have always used their prices as a guide line on what not to pay for any ammo or gear.
Old August 1, 2020, 11:15 AM   #79
Machineguntony

CTD has always been a huge rip off.

Last edited by Machineguntony; August 1, 2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old August 1, 2020, 12:01 PM   #80
7.62 man

Well if you can't find 9mm ammo you can always find 9mm cases at any range & reload if you have stocked up on supplys. Every time I go to the range 9mm cases are laying everywhere.
Old August 1, 2020, 04:09 PM   #81
reddog81

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 man View Post
Well if you can't find 9mm ammo you can always find 9mm cases at any range & reload if you have stocked up on supplys. Every time I go to the range 9mm cases are laying everywhere.
Unfortunately during prior panics I’ve noticed people are much more likely to start keeping their brass or even try and take your brass because they “want to reload eventually”. There was a guy at my local range that’d have his wife sweep up everyone’s brass because “his Dad was going to show him how to reload”. I had to tell them multiple times stop stealing my brass because I actually do reload.
Old August 2, 2020, 10:18 AM   #82
dgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
Unfortunately during prior panics I’ve noticed people are much more likely to start keeping their brass or even try and take your brass because they “want to reload eventually”. There was a guy at my local range that’d have his wife sweep up everyone’s brass because “his Dad was going to show him how to reload”. I had to tell them multiple times stop stealing my brass because I actually do reload.
Sorry to say " been there, done that"