The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 25, 2007, 08:29 AM   #1
graydj

Dealer Recommendations in Co Springs?

I'm moving to Colorado Springs next month. I am trying to find a good gun dealer there now. Can anyone recommend a good dealer within 100 miles of Colorado Springs? Thanks.
Old November 26, 2007, 12:17 AM   #2
mac266

Check out Paradise Sales, 605 West Colorado Ave. Of course I'm biased...I've been an instructor there for 6 years and I'm friends with the owner
Old November 28, 2007, 05:24 PM   #3
labgal

Specialty Sports and Supply is fantastic. Huge inventory - good service. There is also a gun club in CS, the club is members only; they let you rent firearms to see what appeals to you. If you decide to buy they offer special member pricing on the weapons they stock, or they can order something in for you. The club is called Whistling Pines Gun Club.

The club has a website you can check out. Specialty Sports really is the largest outfitter in CS. Once you move here you will find there are actually many options for firearms purchasing here.
Old December 1, 2007, 12:02 AM   #4
even11

Paradise is a great shop, very down to earth and friendly. Great training too!! Took my Concealed Carry class there and would recommend their training to anyone!! I'm signed up for another class there in April. +1 to what Mac said, Paul and Sue (The Owners) Rock!!!

Specialty sports is by far the biggest in the springs but the people that work there are usually rude and their new selection is kinda high priced. They do have pretty good prices on their small used gun selection.

For new guns I'd rather go online or to Sportsman's Warehouse than Specialty.

I do like hitting up all the pawn shops around to see what turns up. The ACME pawns try to keep more in stock that the rest of them. There are quite a few pawn shops around due to our high military population.

Whistling pines is way out east but a good range, with excellent people working there. Kinda expensive and you can't go shoot unless you are a member or sponsored by one. even if you are sponsored by one the fee is $20. If you don't mind an outdoor range, Dragonman's is just a few miles further, and they sell firearms there too.

Plus there are gun shows here at least every month, sometimes 2 or 3 per month. Welcome to the Springs!!

-Dane
Old December 1, 2007, 12:05 AM   #5
zoomie

I was in Specialty Sports over Thanksgiving. I was extremely unimpressed with the service. Maybe they were busy, maybe I wasn't one of the regulars... I dunno. I might go to handle firearms, but I'll never buy from there. The prices weren't even competitive.

This place is worth visiting at least once: http://www.dragonmans.com/dragonman/...rms/darms.html