The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 13, 2008, 12:24 AM   #1
BloodyBucket03

SWFA Super Sniper Scope Which One??

I just purchased a Savage 10FP in .308 for long range work and I plan on purchasing a Super Sniper Scope by SWFA and I am not sure which one to get the 10X42 or the 16X42 anyone with this scope please help with a little feedback. I plan on shooting past 200yds with this rifle.
"He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and "if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buyone.'' Luke 22:36
Old January 13, 2008, 12:59 AM   #2
SteelCore

I have one in 10X and am quite happy with it. It's one of the best buys in optics, I think.

I could be wrong, but I'd say that if this is to be a dedicated target rifle, then the 16X is better. If you think you might one day need this rifle as a weapon, then the greater field of view of the 10X is probably better.

Good choice of rifle, BTW. I'll likely get one of those in .300 Win Mag (110FP) at some point.
Old January 13, 2008, 01:08 AM   #3
hoytinak

God scopes, I've got the 10x on my M14 and really like it. I shoot it out to 600 yards without any problems.
Old January 13, 2008, 11:06 PM   #4
Stockton

SS10X does just fine out to 1k. 16X or 20x for bench rifle only would be my choice. But tracking targets out to 1k will be no problem for you or that scope. Dont wonder about it...just enjoy others faces when you tell them its a Tasco.
3RD ID/29BCT/1-184TH AA INF OIFIII