The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 12, 2020, 10:47 AM   #1
SnubbyMan

Appendix carry IWB holster for G26?

Hi Guys,

It's probably been over a decade since I've bought a new holster. I mostly carry wheelguns but am interested in having the option to carry my G26. I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to holster makers/manufacturers nowadays.

I think I'm looking for a Kydex holster to use for IWB appendix carry. I think I want a single clip with an adjustable cant.

Any recommendations to take a look at? Thanks!

Last edited by SnubbyMan; March 12, 2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old March 12, 2020, 03:01 PM   #2
BarryLee

I use a Milt sparks Summer Special 2 for my G26. I position the gun at the 2 o'clock position which may not technically be appendix carry, but it works well for me.

https://www.miltsparks.com/products-...-special-2.php
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old March 12, 2020, 03:31 PM   #3
Sharkbite

Tier 1
Bravo concealment
Blade-tech

Cant go wrong with any of those
Old March 12, 2020, 09:00 PM   #4
SnubbyMan

I appreciate these recommendations guys. I will check them out! Thank you.
Old March 13, 2020, 08:00 AM   #5
Theohazard

Tenicor Velo. The Velo is the best AIWB holster on the market right now if your goal is maximum concealment. It takes the “wedge” and “claw” ideas that rotate and cant the grip of the gun towards your body, and builds them into the actual Kydex instead of having them be bolt-on pieces. They also use very high-quality metal belt clips made by Discreet Carry Concepts; they’re a little harder to get on and off your belt than normal plastic clips, but they’re more secure, more durable, and lower profile.

I went from carrying my Glock 42 in a G-Code INCOG to carrying a Glock 48 in a Velo and the 48 is more concealed, that’s how good the Velo is. In fact, I can even carry my G17 wearing just a T-shirt and I barely print, and that’s with my previous gen Velo (they’ve improved it with the current version).
Old March 17, 2020, 03:58 PM   #6
SnubbyMan

Theohazard, thanks for suggesting the Tenicor Velo. Definitely looks really interesting! Makes me think maybe I should get it for my G19 instead.

How do you guys carry spare mags? Seems like carrying mags IWB with the gun IWB might be rather uncomfortable?
Old March 17, 2020, 07:50 PM   #7
Sharkbite

I carry a M&P 2.0 compact 4” as my EDC. I tried a cpl of IWB mag holders, but couldnt find a comfortable way to carry them.

So, AIWB for the pistol and a Blade-tech OWB mag pouch behind my support side hip.

Comfortable, fast and conceals well enough in these days of belt mounted cell phone holders.
Old March 18, 2020, 06:35 PM   #8
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnubbyMan View Post
How do you guys carry spare mags? Seems like carrying mags IWB with the gun IWB might be rather uncomfortable?
I use a G-Code IWB mag pouch, it sits a few inches to the left in the gap between my belt and my body created by the holster. It’s actually more comfortable with the spare mag than without since it evens out the pressure of the belt pushing the holster against your body. Also, depending on your belt, you might want the rearrange it so the buckle sits off to the side. That’s what I do since I use an Aeres Gear Aegis belt and it has a large buckle.
Old March 19, 2020, 09:08 PM   #9
SnubbyMan

Thanks guys! I appreciate the info. In the past, I've used an OWB mag pouch. Sounds like it may be worth experimenting with an IWB one at some point.
Old March 19, 2020, 09:37 PM   #10
Ridgerunner665

I've tried several holsters to appendix carry my G32, same size as the 19...

I settled in a High Noon Mr. Softy cut for a G17.

Nothing worked better for me....6 feet tall, 190 pounds, long and lean, still in pretty good physical condition at 47 years old.

Body type matters....

All other holsters rode to high for me and my long torso.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old March 22, 2020, 08:10 PM   #11
SnubbyMan

Thanks Ridgerunner665! That Mr. Softy looks similar to what I like to use when I carry appendix with my snubby revolvers (Bell Charter Oak). We're somewhat similar dimensions, and like you, I sometimes find other holsters ride too high for me if they're not adjustable.