The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 10, 2001, 07:41 AM   #1
Sulaco

Tacstar Magazine Extension for 870

I bought a Tacstar magazine extension for my Remington 870. The two bumps in the stock magazine won't let the shells or the plastic stopper go past the end of the stock magazine. I don't really want to file them off as this will alter the gun irepairably. Is there some other way to make it work?
Old August 10, 2001, 08:21 AM   #2
SDC

If you want it to work properly, you're going to have to either grind them out with a Dremel, or swage them out with a tapered rod of the right diameter.
Old August 10, 2001, 09:09 AM   #3
Coronach

What he said.

Sulaco? An Aliens fan? If yes, do you know the origin of that name?

Mike

"True pacifism is the finest form of manliness. But if a man comes up to you and cuts your hand off, you don't just offer him the other one. Not if you want to go on playing the piano, you don't." -Sam Peckinpah

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein
Old August 10, 2001, 09:44 AM   #4
Sulaco

No, I don't know the origin of that name. I just saw it on the side of the Colonial Marines' vessel in the second Alien movie, aptly titled "Aliens". WHat does it mean? If you tell me it means I am gay or something I will be upset!
Old August 10, 2001, 10:32 AM   #5
Coronach

LOL.

I recall the great George Carlin line from MANY years ago...

"Everything has to MEAN something. If you have a earring in this ear it means you're gay, but if its in this ear it means you like to hump water buffalo or something."

No, no, I have NO idea what it means. It is indeed the name of the ship from Aliens, but I have no idea where they got it. I just always wanted to know.

Mike

"True pacifism is the finest form of manliness. But if a man comes up to you and cuts your hand off, you don't just offer him the other one. Not if you want to go on playing the piano, you don't." -Sam Peckinpah

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein