The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 14, 2014, 07:57 PM   #1
SwwPlayboy

Finding the right scope for my 17HMR

Ive recently purchased a Savage 93R17 TRR-SR. I love the tactical rail, it gives it a different look for a 17.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/93R17TRRSR

I'm not a huge fan of scopes, but I would like to have one for this particular rifle. With this rifle having a tactical rail, I was thinking a tactical scope would look nice. I'm not looking for anything very powerful. 1-4x is what I'm aiming for.

Browsing around on the net I found the Burris Fullfield TAC30. I found a bundle that sells the scope along with AR-PEPR mount and a Fastfire III red dot. I'm not sure if I'm gonna go with the Fastfire III red dot, I've owned one and was rather disappointed with how it handled, but I love the way the scope looks in the mount. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-1...iflescope.html

One problem, I am not sure that mount will fit on the gun in question. I'm fairly sure the mount will fit on the front rail alone, but then it would be to far away. I was wanting to mount it over the bolt but it looks as though the mount is not wide enough for this. And the rail on the back is to small for the whole mount. I have been looking for so kind of measurements or maybe even a picture to see if this combo would be possible.

I really have my heart set on this set up, so if anyone has any information of my problem, I would be greatly appreciative.

I am also open for any opinions on alternate scopes.