The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 7, 2012, 06:12 PM   #26
PT-92

Put into Perspective

When I hear this question asked (stick with one particular CCW piece or rotate among many) I always approach it from the standpoint of the 'relationship' analogy.

Your good ole' reliable soul-mate of whom is with you day in and day out like clockwork may become 'cumbersome, boring, irritating, uncomfortable (insert preferred adjective here)' at times tempting you beyond belief to 'trade-her in' for a different newer better-looking 'model.' Yet in most cases it's better to avoid those 'temptations' and just keep her and avoid the 'pitfalls' of the juggling act... Course, YMMV.

Old December 7, 2012, 06:18 PM   #27
PT-92

Quote:
mrt949

I agree with Hal. As getting older has a lot of disadvantages stiff joints ,arthritus ,to name a few .That why I have a Beretta 21a as one of my ccw pistols .
Mrt949,

Does your 21A cycle SV or HV as well (assuming it's in .22lr).

Love mine but it does indeed prefer the HV ammo.

-Happy Holidays
Old December 7, 2012, 06:25 PM   #28
jimbob86

A Carry Rotation? NO.

Too much time, effort and money invested in instilling the muscle memory I have developed with the gun and method of Carry I have. If the Stuff ever hits the Fan, I will instinctively reach for the same place I always have, and the draw/presentation/sight pic will be the same one I practiced a bazillion times before..... there may not be time to remember "Which gun do I have today? Does it it have a safety? Why is the trigger pull SOOOOO LOOONNNNG!????!??!?
Old December 7, 2012, 06:28 PM   #29
Sparks1957

Let's see... I just had dinner, so it's time to switch to my Kahr CW9 now.
Old December 7, 2012, 07:02 PM   #30
Gaerek

Quote:
I would try carrying bigger in the future, but my outfit is pretty exclusively T-shirts and jeans.
I'm a cargo shorts and T-Shirt kinda guy, and I carry a Glock 19 without issue. Find a good IWB holster and you shouldn't have much trouble. I use a Concealment Solutions Black Mamba and my gun disappears behind practically anything.
Old December 7, 2012, 07:21 PM   #31
Seaman

Does time of day matter?

Well, if it is night time carry, then its handguns with night sights (ie tritium).

Check your 6.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:01 AM   #32
mrt949

PT-92
Mainly cci min mag .but keap it clean ,lightly oiled. It works well with bulk federal also.
Old December 8, 2012, 08:56 AM   #33
bikerbill

agree with krayzhorse ... more a seasonal thing than a time-of-day issue ... I pocket carry almost all year, so the size of the gun I carry is limited ... when it's cold and I can wear a cover garment, I tend to carry a larger (still 9mm but with lots more ammo) on my belt ...
Old December 8, 2012, 08:04 PM   #34
bedbugbilly

Huh? Nope. I still carry the same revolver . . . but at sundown, I change from 38 spls to 357s . . . just in case the really big BG comes out after dark.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old December 8, 2012, 08:08 PM   #35
Mello2u

I agree with jimbob86's post #28.
No carry rotation.
" Frederic Bastiat