The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old April 28, 2011, 05:35 PM   #101
MrWesson

Its simple its called home defense not driveway defense.

If I shoot someone in my driveway not directly threatening me then game over I am a murderer and should rot.

If they break into my house(doors always locked) then game over for them.

The OP/this thread has troll written all over it.
Old April 28, 2011, 05:40 PM   #102
mnero

In MD. you can buy 1 pistol a month, 1. To some that seems reasonable; who needs more then 12 pistols a year, but what if I am a collector and because of this law I have to leave 2 good deals on the table cause I can only buy 1 pistol. Next month the guns I wanted will probably be sold.

It is a foolish law, when it would make alot more sense to simply investigate anyone who buys 5 or 10 .380's and has no ffl. He may be legit, but he probably is reselling; a short, discreet investigation would answer that question. Why make every gun collector pay the price for a few idiots.

I do find it very unfortunate that, when a person expresses an opinion different from some, that some people resort to personal attacks like weakminded or troll, I don't even know what the "blank" a troll is, outside of Grimm's fairy tales that is. People need to show a little tolerance for those who enjoy shooting, enjoy their rights to weapons, but still find some middle ground with those who do not. I support some gun regulations GET OVER IT!

Last edited by mnero; April 28, 2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old April 28, 2011, 05:46 PM   #103
chadstrickland

Dang man that is a bummer..you can buy as many as you like..all day everyday
Two weapons that was designed by the same man still in use by the us military 100 years later...1911 and m2...is there anything that comes close.....lol annd maybe perhaps a sig sauer p226 tac ops edition..
Old April 28, 2011, 05:49 PM   #104
mnero

It's MD half old fashion and half extremely liberal. The Liberal half wins every time
Old April 28, 2011, 05:57 PM   #105
chadstrickland

And I for one am guilty of personal attacks..but 99 percent of them are at the brady campaign people on face book....and I don't attack mnero because I can see things from his perspective ...a little rash maybe...but it had good intentions..lol he should have expected such replies from a place like this tho...just as the people from the brady campaign are so set in there ways we are set in ours..that tends to keep things balanced ..I don't agree with them and they don't me
Two weapons that was designed by the same man still in use by the us military 100 years later...1911 and m2...is there anything that comes close.....lol annd maybe perhaps a sig sauer p226 tac ops edition..
Old April 28, 2011, 06:04 PM   #106
mnero

I already admitted that I shouldn't have started this thread
Old April 29, 2011, 10:25 AM   #107
2damnold4this

Quote:
I support some gun regulations
So does the NRA.
Old April 29, 2011, 12:10 PM   #108
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

As so often happens with these long threads, this one's wandering all over the place, and the original material's been pretty well covered.

Given that, and the fact that the tone here is starting to take on ugly qualities, I think it's time to put this one to bed.

Closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread