The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 8, 2006, 07:12 PM   #1
TexiCali Slim

Anybody Own A Xtrema 2

I am interested to know if they live up to their hype. Is the felt recoil significantly less? and do they come in 20ga?
Dont be shy if anyone owns one of these brag your heart out! I am VERY interested in getting one of these puppys.
thanks in advance!
Old June 8, 2006, 08:08 PM   #2
BLKLABMAN

Here is my reply to another thread. After Ulnar surgery on my right hand, I am typing with one hand. Hope you dont mind the copy and paste.

I would suggest the Beretta Xtrema II. It has replaced my SBE and SBE II as my duck/goose/turkey shotgun.
After using them for several seasons, I will not be missing the SBE's. The Comfortech of the SBE II does nothing to help recoil, and recoils the same as SBE 1 for extra money. The recoil spring in the stock attracts all sorts of junk. The recoil spring is also a pain to get to and clean. Any shells below 1 1/8 are a big no no. The SBE(SBE II) will not cycle them.
About the Xtrema II.
The Beretta designers need a pay raise, for putting the recoil spring in the forearm.
Recoil even with heavy thumping 3.5 1550 BB's feels like a 20ga. It also cycles everything I put thru it, no matter how light the load. Want to shot a round of SC or FITASC. The Xtrema II will cycle the 1oz and 7/8 loads flawlessly.
Beretta has a winner with the Xtrema II.