The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 4, 2011, 07:43 PM   #26
federali

No matter how tight and effective your security, these sharks can and will sue you. Connie Francis, the singer, sued a motel here on Long Island following a break-in and rape, exactly what you're talking about. I'm not a lawyer so any opinion I might offer would be worthless.
Old September 4, 2011, 11:45 PM   #27
ClydeFrog

Lasorsa.com legal issues....

An example I can provide would be www.Lasorsa.com . He's a retired US Secret Service agent who worked on POTUS security details.
The website states he can TESTIFY in court about a private business owner(s) lack of security or crime prevention measures.

I'll close by adding a recent high profile event in my area. A young woman was attacked, abducted & murdered by a violent, unstable nutcase.
The woman(19) was found by law enforcement dead. The victim's family put a civil suit against the car dealership for lack of security/security systems.

ClydeFrog