The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old August 12, 2012, 12:38 AM   #26
doofus47

Quote:
Cougars are a protected animal
Don't know how it could be protected if it doesn't exist, but if it's protected I would definitely not be suggesting removing it.
I would point out the irony of protecting non-existent creatures, though.
Old August 12, 2012, 01:02 AM   #27
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Don't know how it could be protected if it doesn't exist, but if it's protected I would definitely not be suggesting removing it.
I would point out the irony of protecting non-existent creatures, though.
I would point out the irony of not reading the thread and knowing the OP's premises have been shown to be false. You are playing up a patently false claim.

First, mountain lions do exist. Second, they have existed in the recent past in WI. Third, WI has laws that protect them. Fourth, this is because they travel long distances and easily repopulate previous ranges. And Fifth, WI DNR recognizes and has numerous documented and verified examples of mountain lions in WI in the last several years.

Not only does the creature exist, it exists in Wisconsin. There is no irony about having laws to protect it.

With that said, the OP's mountain lion does not exist in WI. It exists is MI and cannot be covered under WI law until and if it ever enters WI political boundaries.
Old August 12, 2012, 07:15 PM   #28
warbirdlover

I'm in the process of questioning this picture also. Something smells wrong here.

I got an e-mail saying that "Mark" (one of the bowhunters on our land) put this camera up by my stand but now I'm thinking "Mark" (or one of the "guys") is BS'ing us. If I find out I'll put up what I find.
Old August 12, 2012, 07:29 PM   #29
Discern

Regardless, WI does have mountain lions. I would not be surprised if the all the lower 48 states either have them or have them travel through the state.
Old August 12, 2012, 08:20 PM   #30
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
I'm in the process of questioning this picture also. Something smells wrong here.
LOL, ya think?
Old August 12, 2012, 08:28 PM   #31
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I think we have all the relevant information and discussion for the time being. We will be looking forward to further information from WarBirdLover in a new thread.
Closed Thread