The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 27, 2007, 08:51 PM   #1
olroadhog

olroadhog

I have a older Sears 30-06. It was sold as a kit gun by sears in 1969-70' ID on barrel.. Sear Heritage Mk-IV Supreme 122-5690. Anyone know who made it and what is it worth, now dont be mean... I have hunted with it since I bought it ..it has a long tapered barrel and shots very well. email addy is [email protected] Thanks

Last edited by olroadhog; July 27, 2007 at 08:53 PM. Reason: if I am off line they can reach me
Old July 29, 2007, 09:13 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I can't be sure of that specific gun, but Sears generally used Belgian (Fabrique Nationale) Mauser 98 actions and had them finished and stocked by High Standard, using H-S barrels.

It is not surprising the rifle shoots well; H-S made some of the best barrels, and supplied barrels to Smith-Corona for the Model 1903A3 rifle in WWII.

Your rifle is not likely to become a rare collectors item, but it is an excellent rifle.

Jim