The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 31, 2013, 12:33 AM   #26
felixx

Hi there, I am in NZ so pay thru the nose. I paid $699 for the rifle
(About $500 US)
With the scope, a spare 10rd mag, rings, sling studs Retail was $975 however I walked out $800 lighter

However the scope was a POS 4x32 compact. My leupold VX3 1.5-5 x 20 arrived today. (It will fit in the pouch with this and can sit really low on the rifle) Which is an advantage for a rifle without a cheekpiece on the stock

I will fit it once we get some rain as all the ranges I use are closed due to fire risk here at the moment. Then I shall place some pics.

This is the scope I got..
Old February 1, 2013, 12:43 AM   #27
slicknickns

I suppose that's a lot cheaper than other Commonwealth brethren.
Old February 1, 2013, 12:44 AM   #28
ThomasT

Felixx congrats on the rifle. I have three 10/22s and i have only had problems with one of them. It would not always eject the empty. I put a new Volquartsons extractor in it and its 100% now. I think the stronger spring was the answer.

I was interested in this rifle also but did read a post about one rifle where the take down fitting pulled out of the receiver. Apparently it is a press fitted part. I thought the post was on this forum or THR but I'll be danged if I can find it.

Ruger told him to send it back but he was going to repair it himself. I think he was a pretty smart joe because his repair sounded like it should work. Its what I would have done without a warranty. But if Ruger would repair it I would have sent it to them.

And I really like your choice of a scope.
Old February 1, 2013, 05:58 AM   #29
felixx

Hi Ratshooter.. cheers for the feedback
I am quite chuffed with the scope
Old February 1, 2013, 07:38 PM   #30
felixx

Fitted the Leupold today...
its sexy sexy sexy

I cant wait for a bit of rain to damp the ground down so my local 'range' will open and I can go shoot it a bit more. (and maybe some rabbits and magpies)