The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old July 14, 2010, 04:52 PM   #1
wiretap23

So. CA NRA Bullseye Competitions?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any NRA Conventional Pistol (bullseye) competitions in the Southern California region, particularly around the Los Angeles area?

I'm halfway done building up a basic competition .22 based on a Ruger MK3 bull barrel. So far have replaced the trigger, grips, and mag ejector with Volquartsen parts. After about 4 months or so of practice I decided my eyesight just wasn't good enough for competition with iron sights, so I just added a MatchDot as well.

Replacing the barrel is next, so if anyone has suggestion on a top quality match barrel for the Ruger, please chime in!

I'll also be starting on a .45 for bullseye competition towards the end of this year. Any suggestions what models to look into?

Thanks!
Old July 14, 2010, 06:20 PM   #2
BigDinOC

Prado Shooting Park in Chino Hills 909-597-4794. I think they shoot Bullseye once a month.
Old July 16, 2010, 07:57 AM   #3
darkgael

Bullseye

Quote:
Replacing the barrel is next, so if anyone has suggestion on a top quality match barrel for the Ruger, please chime in!

I'll also be starting on a .45 for bullseye competition towards the end of this year. Any suggestions what models to look into?

Thanks!
Voquartsen makes a dedicated upper that shoots nicely.
But ......there's nothing wrong with the Ruger Bull barrels.

.45s. RIA has a good reputation. A shooting buddy of mine just earned his Distinguished badge shooting one.

Matches - subscribe to the online version of NRA's "Shooting Sports" monthly - free. The last pages contain a list a all the registered matches in the country.
Pete

Tags
bullseye , competition , conventional pistol