The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 24, 2013, 06:13 PM   #1
lvbill

Load Data for 9mm luger.

Hello. I have not used this type of forum before. I know I will learn a lot from all the forms I see, can't wait to get going.
Back in the day I did a lot of trap shooting and loaded for 12 gage trap rounds.
But I do not trap shoot anymore. I am geting back into loading and had no Idea there was a shortage on everything. I think I was in a Dark Cave for a while! I did get some supplys.
If anyone has loading data for 115 and or 147 Gr. winchesester JHP-Notched bullet, that would be a great help. I am using CCI 500 primers, Titegroup Powder, and Starline Case's.
Thank all of you in advance.
lvbill
Old April 24, 2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Titegroup powder is made by Hodgdon. Their data is here.
Old April 24, 2013, 07:52 PM   #3
noylj

TiteGroup, while I don't like it, is a very popular powder and every loading manual should have loads for it.
Be sure you have a couple of loading manuals and have read them.
Old April 25, 2013, 09:16 AM   #4
rlc323

If you have some 12ga. trap powder left over you may be in luck. Many of the popular 12ga target powders are listed for 9mm loads. I have used Titegroup, 700x, and regular Clays. Certain bullet manufacturers in their specific manuals list Red Dot, Green Dot and American Select loads as well.

Winchester bullets usually just lists data for use with their powder. WSF Winchester Super Field is one of my favorite 9mm powders with the JHP 115 grain Winchester bullet. I believe all the Winchester powders are listed on the Hodgdon website now.

Like most on here I got my start by reading a manual to get a grip on the loading process and procedures for safety. I started with the Speer 14th but the Lymnn 49th, and really any manual should get you off on the right foot.

After you get the basics sorted out and have a question, get in the forums here and search or ask, and someone will help you out.
Old April 25, 2013, 06:54 PM   #5
BigD_in_FL

Along with those mentioned, Universal (aka Universal Clays), Unique, International, (aka International Clays), Clay Dot and other shotgun powders work well in small pistol cartridges
Old April 25, 2013, 07:07 PM   #6
tekarra

I have used a lot of 700X for 115 grain bullets as well as Bullseye. Loading data is available online. I prefer to get data from the source rather than reading someone's post. Maybe a bit of paranoia there!