The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 8, 2002, 01:22 PM   #1
Master Blaster

Milt Sparks watch 6 holster arrives after 10 week wait.

Hi All,

I wanted to give a brief report on the watch 6 holster that I got from Milt Sparks three weeks ago. I have had the chance to wear it under shorts and a t-shirt many times at home and when out bike riding and shopping.

I had ordered it the middle of july, it took about 10 weeks to arrive as they had said.

Its an IWB holster and I had it made for my ultimate officers ACP with enhanced slide (flat rib).

It is the best IWB i have owned. the workmanship and finish on it is beautiful. It fits my gun like a glove, the gun snaps into it (best way to describe the fit) perfectly, and it draws with ease.

The holster holds the gun flat and secure at the 3:30 position.
It has the flesh guard that protects my side and keeps the thumb safety from being swiped off. Made from horse hide it is thin and very comfortable. The unique thing about it is the wide spacing of the belt loops. That makes it very stable and keeps it close to the body.

It is an excellent IWB in every way.. I am very pleased and best of all it was only $65 delivered.

I recommend it highly and its well worth the wait.
Old October 8, 2002, 07:41 PM   #2
GlockChef

Master Blaster,
Thanks for the great report. I have a Watch Six Dual Talon on order right now for my Kahr MK40 but it has only been 3 weeks!! Can't wait to get it and I just hope that I am as happy as you sound...
Old October 8, 2002, 10:19 PM   #3
P99

Masterblaster,

Glad to hear you love your Milt Sparks Watch 6. I also have one and various other models from Milt Sparks.

I know every one of the guys who work at Sparks and I can tell you they are all dedicated to quality. Yes it may take a while to get your order, but it is well worth the wait. If you put one of their holsters next to some other brand, you can tell right away that a lot of time and effort went into the Sparks holster. All of the guys are first rate shooters too, so they know what works and what doesn't.

P99
Old October 9, 2002, 12:19 AM   #4
old_yout

Boy, now I really want one. I've been working with a slide holster, which I like, but I'd like to be able to remove the weapon and not be too noticeable with holster. Only IWB. Or maybe those Yaqui's.
Old October 9, 2002, 04:18 PM   #5
Russ

Is it tuckable? I have to have my shirt tucked in at work so that makes a big difference to me.
Old October 9, 2002, 05:25 PM   #6
nascarnhlnra

Russ I believe the tuckable offering from Milt Sparks is the Versa Max 2 with the optional kydex clips. www.miltsparks.com I just recently recieved my Milt Sparks Heritage 1 holster and it was love at first sight ! Without a doubt they put quality first.
Old October 11, 2002, 12:18 AM   #7
LeftIDom

Have the Milt Sparks 'Versa Max Two' and it was well worth the 10 week wait!

It was molded for my G23...Great fit and comfort.

Quality product and admire the fine workmanship.

SD
Old October 14, 2002, 05:33 AM   #8
Radagast

Russ you want the Watch Six Dual Talon, it's made by both Alessi and Milt Sparks, and uses Alessi's Kydex belt clips, they clip on to your pants and the belt goes over the top. Do a search of the Sparkes' sight.

The Watch Six doesn't have the steel reinforcing in the mouth, making for a thinner hoster than the Versa Max.

Radagast

Edit. The dual talon still isn't tuckable, it's just more concealable.