The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 7, 2017, 09:22 AM   #101
nhyrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinaz View Post
You're gonna love it. I just got it a week ago and I am in love with it. It's handy, it's better, it's faster, it's 65 of the best dollars I've ever spent.
I'm also needing their handle and riser for my elbow. I've started loading bulk and with the height and ergonomics of my current handle, after about 1000 operations my elbow starts barking. And while I'm there in gonna get the bins that mount to the press as well

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old February 7, 2017, 09:53 AM   #102
huntinaz

lol I'm considering those exact things as well. Will probably get the mount, and if
I do that I think I'll want the bin mount from the top...
Old February 9, 2017, 08:27 PM   #103
nhyrum

Quote:
lol I'm considering those exact things as well. Will probably get the mount, and if
I do that I think I'll want the bin mount from the top...

Got er installed! Liking it a bunch! Once I get a powder drop and powder thru die I'll have the closest thing to a progressive!

Old February 10, 2017, 12:56 PM   #104
huntinaz

Looking good! Yeah get that pass thru expander and you'll really be in business. 200 an hour completely doable with 9mm-45acp.
Old February 10, 2017, 12:59 PM   #105
nhyrum

Yeah I'm gonna get a pass through for the 9, I have one for 40, but no powder throw to hook up to it. Nobody wants to give up their auto drum...

Old February 10, 2017, 02:40 PM   #106
huntinaz

Oh man just buy a new one, it's worth it. I hate paying full price too but having that press and no thrower is torture!
Old February 10, 2017, 02:47 PM   #107
nhyrum

Quote:
Oh man just buy a new one, it's worth it. I hate paying full price too but having that press and no thrower is torture!
I will. Just a little strapped for cash until this time next week. Then I'm ordering a few k 124 fmj's, buying an h&k, buying the powder through die and factory crimp die and a new measure. Gonna be fun!

Old February 10, 2017, 04:47 PM   #108
flashhole

You are loading pistol. A Factory Crimp Die is not the best choice. The Lee die set for pistol should include a Taper Crimp Die. Big difference. The powder through die is first rate. I use the Lee dies with the Lee Classic Turret for 40 S&W. And the Lee 4-40 lead pot and the Lee 6 cavity mold. Super set up as a total system.

Are you ready for civil war?