The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 11, 2013, 05:13 PM   #1
BoneDigger

XDm 5.25 competition .40 range report

Okay, I finally made it to the range with the XDm 5.25. This gun is a .40 bitone. I really had a blast shooting it and it's way more accurate than I am. Out to 25 yards I was shooting very respectable groups. No malfunctions of any kind and the recoil was negligable given the weight and size of this gun. Muzzle flip was perhaps a little more than I hoped for, but still not bad. I have owned a lot of pistols and I am more accurate with this one than any I have owned.

I do not compete and this gun will be for bedside duty mostly. I think it'll serve that purpose quite well.

I might use it as a sidearm while hog hunting but would need a full OWB holster for that and I prefer leather. Any suggestions?

Todd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1357942325281.jpg (42.8 KB, 17 views)
Old January 11, 2013, 06:37 PM   #2
AdrianVall

Very nice! I really wanted the 4.5" XDM before I bought my Glock but nobody had one.. Oh well. I'm sure the Glock 17 will do me well. I love the way the XDM looks though! Nice gun!