The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 27, 2012, 03:30 PM   #26
TXDego

I love my 300BLK, it has slowly become my favorite gun for general shooting. Mine has 9-1/4" barrell and collapseable stock, so its very compact with zero recoil. The 300BLK setup with the 9-1/4" barrell & suppressor has become a favorie of the FBI, Special ops & Swat guys. Not many guns have the magazine capacity(30 & 60 rounds) and knock down force for close quarters shooting as a 300BLK.
Quote:
Tobnpr: For subsonic applications with a suppressor, (which most have no need for unless you're a mall ninja) they're used by guys hog hunting at night...
Mall Ninja, LOL! Sounds like you clearly dont use Suppressors very often, I have converted every gun I own(even bolt guns), over to suppressed. Once you start shooting suppressed, you will never want to go back to un-suppressed. Especially now that its LEGAL in Texas to hunt with a Suppressor, its a never leave home without one item. Suppressor+Subsonic Ammo=Happy Happy

If any of you have even the smallest desire to get one of these, I highly recomend you do so, this is a really fun gun to shoot. Will admit, I do a lot of Hog slaying with this gun, but have also shot a bunch of white tail as well.
Old December 28, 2012, 02:04 AM   #27
A pause for the COZ

Got to tell you. I finally got my 300 Black out upper. Took a while, I found a place local that builds them. Told DSA to stuff it up der butt, Waiting since 8-16-12 for them.
I got one from SOTA Arms in North Branch MN. I got a flat top upper with a floating hand guard and a BCG for $389 On sale.

SO far I am in love!!!!! For me I am about supersonic plinking with it. Fitting a nich just past a 30 carbine.

I havent tried any high end components yet.
Just some 125gr pulls re-sized to .308 and some LEE 312-155-2R cast bullets. Pretty dang happy with the results.