The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old November 5, 2022, 08:52 PM   #1
2wheelwander

Delta Elite vs HBAR

This question has nagged me for many years. I bought an HBAR right before the assault weapons ban. Dealer had a Delta Elite right next to it on the shelf. I didn't want to spend the extra coin. Now, I kick myself for not buying that gun.

But the question remains, did the Delta Elite have any work done to it the HBAR did not? My understanding is the HBAR is simply a heavy barreled AR, nothing more. Was the Delta just an appearance package?

I'm assuming it was not a sub MOA gun out of the box?
Old November 6, 2022, 02:24 PM   #2
50 shooter

I guess it depends, didn't the delta HBAR come with a cheap Tasco scope, cheekrest and an accuwedge?

Then they released an HBAR Elite, followed by a Competition Elite. I think they came with different twist rate barrels also.
No time for rearranging.
Old November 6, 2022, 06:07 PM   #3
2wheelwander

As I recall the included scope wasn't anything to brag about other than being rubber coated. Yes, the cheek rest, did not know about the accuwedge. And I believe an aluminum carry case. Neat package, but was it as accurate as it looked?

I have an A2 HBAR I enjoy shooting just because its similar to what I was issued, minus the heavy barrel. Had an A1 and steel pot in basic. Lower had 'Mattel' roll mark
Old November 6, 2022, 09:52 PM   #4
50 shooter

Never owned any of these, I'm sure a little Googlefu would get you a good answer. I would think that with all the additional features, the delta HBAR would be better.

How much better? Put a scope on the two HBAR rifles and I would think that either could hold MOA or better with quality ammo.

The competition elite with a better twist rate and quality ammo, scope... would probably out shoot both.
No time for rearranging.