The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 23, 2019, 07:08 AM   #26
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
If "pocket revolvers" actually fit in pockets, I'm sure I'd be carrying one of those for the reliability aspect. Plus I'd feel much more like Dirty Harry!
I have a Taurus M380 with a 'ClipDraw' on it and it fits into my shorts pocket no problem..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4105 copy.jpg (68.4 KB, 10 views)

"Tools not Trophies”
Old July 23, 2019, 10:24 PM   #27
Omaha-BeenGlockin

I've owned like 5 Taurus pistols over the last 30(ouch) years or so----never had a problem but all have been traded off for something else.

Don't know if I would seek out another Taurus but wouldn't feel bad if I owned another one either.
-------Metallica
Old July 24, 2019, 03:07 PM   #28
PlatinumCore16

I have owned a PT709 for years. Tended to not like cheap, practice ammo. However it pretty much didn't choke when using self defense rounds. Until it did... Didn't feel comfortable carrying it after that. So I changed up for something different/better quality.

Now I happened to stumble upon a great deal on a G2 myself and due to the double stack, yet small footprint, I took a chance. It has been fantastic thus far. And what's nice is that it has all of the exact same comtrols as my original PT709. Feels just like an old, well-fitting glove in my hands and I've become less worried about reliability the more I put through it. Glad to hear your spectrum is likewise working out for you.
Old July 25, 2019, 02:12 PM   #29
Stargater53

Well, a gun either works or it doesn't.

In fact, if a gun is 1) reliable, 2) accurate, and 3) durable, it's a good gun, regardless of who makes it.

I've got a Jennings J-22 that's reliable and accurate, but it's not durable. It's thus what it is.

I've got a Davis .32ACP that meets none of the above. The only way it would be effective would be if I put it in a bag and used it it to knock someone's teeth out with! I could get off one shot before it jammed, then use it to club a person to death with if I had to. I'm waiting for a gun buy back to come to Washington, D.C., and hoping I could get rid of it that way. It's purty, but virtually useless. I'd like to try it with a different magazine, but don't want to spend the money for one. I might then have a gun with two magazines that wouldn't work.