The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 7, 2013, 01:24 AM   #1
tieken

SA linkless

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone out there has a Springfield linkless? Looking for anyone with experience with this particular handgun, I know they also made the Omega but I'd like some input from anyone with knowledge or experience with the linkless. Thinking about picking one up and would like to know the pros and cons. Thanks.
Old February 7, 2013, 11:07 PM   #2
orionengnr

I am not an expert, but I saw one advertised for sale two-three years ago and did some research. Here it is: http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...field+linkless

Found some info using Google, and I think I found some right here on TFL. My recollection is that the biggest downside is that parts are impossible to get. I don't recall how many parts are unique to that gun, or which fail.

If you are looking at it as a unique, interesting piece that you may shoot once in a while, and if the price is right, maybe.

If you want to shoot it a lot, might not be the best choice.

Please let us know how it works out.