The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 28, 2005, 04:11 PM   #1
jeff6strings

RCBS Piggyback III

Went to contact RCBS today but found out they are closed on Fridays. I have a rock chucker and looking to add the piggyback III. The question I had was with the powder loads. Do I have to manually load the powder in the cases first or during the loading process? Does the piggyback come with a dispenser to put the powder in the cases automatically during the load process? Or do I need to purchase something separately?

Thanks for any help.
Jeff
Old January 28, 2005, 07:25 PM   #2
Dusty Miller

Their 2004 catalogue sez the powder measure is an extra you've got to pay for. That figures, if you've got a Rockchucker you probably have the powder measure already.
Old January 29, 2005, 09:34 AM   #3
MADISON

RCBS Piggyback III

I was sucker enough to buy one of RCBS' Piggyback I. The priming did not work, it rotated in the opoosite direction from Hornady. I sold it.

If you get it set up and it functions properly get yourself one or MORE Lee DISK powder measure[s] and expander die[s]. Thaey really work!!!
Old January 29, 2005, 01:50 PM   #4
Robert M Boren Sr

Really, foreget the piggyback, go with the dillon, you'll be glad you did. Use your RCBS as a work-up tool.