The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old August 7, 2021, 09:38 AM   #1
smee78

S&W 327PC

Ok,

So yall all know how it goes, you stop into a store you don't go into frequently and find something you decide you can't live without. For me, It was a S&W 327PC with a 2inch barrel. It is used and comes with the factory performance center gray plastic box, docs, a holster, and an additional set of boot grips. I was able to get it for $712 out the door. I didn't plan on buying a gun, just went to check on a box of ammo, so I ended up putting the gun on lay-a-way so no pictures at this time. What do yall think? I think the price is good, and it's a performance center gun so....? Anyone else have/shoot one? Your thoughts?
Old August 7, 2021, 07:00 PM   #2
Super Sneaky Steve

That's a fantastic price. I hated the stock grips. They are very thin and small. There's lots of options out there for N frames but not many that are small.
Old August 8, 2021, 08:13 AM   #3
smee78

Thanks, Steve, I was surprised about the price as well. Ya, I just learned that my favorite N frame grip maker, Ahrends, is out of business. I was sorry to read about what had happened. I loved their round butt finger groove tactical grips and always put them on all my N frames.
Old August 8, 2021, 09:12 AM   #4
HighValleyRanch

What happened to end their business?
Old August 10, 2021, 05:30 PM   #5
smee78

Go to their website, it tells the story on the front page, it's a sad story.

http://ahrendsgripsusa.com/
Old August 10, 2021, 06:09 PM   #6
HighValleyRanch

Thanks for link. Sad story indeed!
Old September 17, 2021, 11:08 AM   #7
smee78

Well, I finally got to get it off of lay-a-way. It comes with the gray plastic PC case, doc's, an IWB holster, original grips, and the set of Badgers that it is currently wearing. Should make a nice addition to the collection so I'm pretty happy with the addition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 327PC.jpg (34.0 KB, 99 views)
Old September 18, 2021, 11:44 AM   #8
CANIS

Great gun! I love mine. That was a great price you got it for. Looks like we have twins...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-06-18 20.03.32.jpg (686.2 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by CANIS; September 18, 2021 at 11:49 AM.
Old September 21, 2021, 07:42 AM   #9
smee78

Lol, Canis they sure do look like twins. Any complaints or concerns about your gun?
Old September 22, 2021, 09:48 PM   #10
CANIS

No complaints at all. I love everything about it. I carry it from time to time in a pancake holster and seems light as a feather on my belt.

It is a favorite of mine at the range.
Old September 23, 2021, 05:51 PM   #11
gwpercle

I hated to see what happened to Ahrend's Grips .
They made wonderful grips at a fair price . I have Ahrend's Retro Combats cocobola on
all my K & N frame S&W revolvers and scored a set of Ebony Grips for a stainless steel AMT Hardballer (1911 -45 acp) . Kim said the Ebony was his favorite and he was right .
Kim Ahrend knew how to design grips to midigate recoil and fit a normal person's hand .
And he was a very nice fellow ... My prayers go with him .
Gary
Old September 24, 2021, 04:34 PM   #12
Willie Lowman

Great find at a great price. I paid about $1000 for my PC 627.

8 shots of .357 is nothing to sneeze at.

Also check out the movie Salton Sea. The end shootout features a 327. It's a pretty good scene.
Old September 28, 2021, 08:05 AM   #13
smee78

Ya, I will miss Ahrends as well. Let's hope however this plays out that their grips will start to be made again. Maybe Kim can start a new business?

Thanks, WL, I will have to check it out. I too own one of the 627PC Bloodwork guns, mine is a prelock model that I found years ago. I like that I can now use the holsters for more than just one gun.
Old September 30, 2021, 12:11 PM   #14
smee78

Post #7 has a picture of it. I'm thinking about a pair of black colored grips to fit the overall look of it? Canis has a picture of his right below mine and they look like twins.
Old October 1, 2021, 03:18 PM   #15
Lt.Nick

I have one of the pre-lock Bloodwork models. I would never sell or trade it for anything, it's one of my favorite guns. Bought a 8 shot 627 based on how much I like the Snubbie.
Old October 12, 2021, 07:38 AM   #16
smee78

Hi Nick, I too have the pre-lock Bloodwork model. It was part of the reason why I decided to add this gun to the collection. Besides the price, I can now share the holsters and moon clips with the guns. This one was bought so I could carry an 8 shot easier.