The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 18, 2021, 05:57 PM   #1
Skarekrow88

Which Magazine Tube Extension Kit?

Just bought a Beretta 1301 Tactical and love it so far but I'm wanting to add a +2 mag tube extension. Can't decide which one these to go with though. Any help deciding will be appreciated.

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/be...extension-kit/

https://www.gggaz.com/beretta-1301-m...extension.html

Anyone have an opinion on which is better and why? I read the GG&G has a steel nut and they claim it "helps eliminate ball detent wear." Not sure of the validity of that but I also don't know what the Nordic Components is made out of.

Also came across this but not sure I like it. If anyone can attest to its quality I'll take that into account.

https://botach.com/kz-beretta-1301-t...extension-kit/
Old June 23, 2021, 07:36 AM   #2
MarkCO

Definitely Nordic.
Old June 23, 2021, 10:30 AM   #3
Rob228

Wow, those are not cheap. I bought a nordic about 15 years ago for an 870 and it has been great, but wow prices have gone up.
Old June 23, 2021, 05:46 PM   #4
Skarekrow88

Quote:
Definitely Nordic.
That's what I was leaning towards, thanks for your input.

Quote:
Wow, those are not cheap. I bought a nordic about 15 years ago for an 870 and it has been great, but wow prices have gone up.
I can get the Nordic for $140 with 2 day shipping from DSG Arms with the LE discount. They've never been inexpensive since I've known about them though
Old July 27, 2021, 10:49 PM   #5
deadcoyote

I have a Stoeger m3000. I ironically live near MOA precision, which is a small shotgun aftermarket parts manufacturer and gunsmith shop in southern Oregon. They have an excellent reputation but I decided to go with Nordic for my parts (extended tube, follower, and spring) simply because they’re a larger shop with a bigger reputation and footprint. The extension kit from Nordic was Mis-threaded and essentially made the whole kit not work. Their customer service was excellent when it finally kicked in, but it took them about a week to answer. This is reasonable for what is also, I’m assuming, a fairly small shop.

I had already bought replacement parts from MOA, which all went
Together perfect and worked from the jump. I think they’re both good outfits but I felt kinda dumb not doing business with the shop 70 miles away in the first place.

I gifted the replacement parts from Nordic to my buddy, he reports they work fine.
Old July 28, 2021, 05:59 AM   #6
Spats McGee
Staff

With the caveat that I've known the Choates for about 40 years, I'll point out that Choate Machine & Tool makes one, too. https://www.riflestock.com/store/pro...hot-extension/

ETA: I don't have a Beretta, but I've used their 870 mag extensions for years without any problems.