The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 25, 2021, 09:01 PM   #1
cslinger

Big shoutout to Malkoff Devices (flashlights)

I realize most folks could care less about lights and I also realize that even if you do care about having a decent light there art hundreds of wonderful offerings for not a huge amount of money.

That said Malkoff makes some of the most robust, well made, bomb proof lights I have ever seen. Their products make Surefires look delicate by comparison. They are not inexpensive but they are not, in my opinion, overpriced in anyway and frankly are a good value IMO for the workmanship etc. the only production lights I have experienced that come close to the robustness and build quality are ElZetta products. Good lights but that’s not why I am here.

The lights are made in the U.S.A and run by two of the most responsive, wonderful folks I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Gene has answered every question I have had quickly and honestly. I recently ran into an issue completely outside of Malkoff’s control or sphere of influence yet Cathy replied to me almost immediately and offered to take care of me.

The point is they make an exemplary product, they are extremely knowledgeable and responsive and they seem like good people to boot. So if you are looking for a light do yourself a favor and give them a look. I promise you you are getting more product then your dollar and you are sending a few bucks to some good folks.

Anyway as always take care and shoot safe,
Chris.
Old January 31, 2021, 08:17 PM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

I have upgraded two Maglites and a Surefire with Malkoff upgrade parts and have been very happy in all three cases.

They do exactly what they say they do. The Maglites are tremendously brighter and runtime is ridiculously long. We used one to light the front room the last time we had a long power outage--set it up in the middle of the room aimed at the ceiling--and it did an exemplary job for hours. It was still going strong when the power came back on.
Old February 1, 2021, 11:30 AM   #3
geologist

I replaced the sad 60 lumen Surefire light with a 1x CR123, 300 lumen Malkoff light. It's a big improvement.