The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 31, 2009, 06:59 AM   #1
41er

Henry Golden Boy

I bought a Henry Golden Boy yesterday in .22 lr and went straight to the range with it. After a quick zeroing at 25 yrds using Winchester ammo, I proceeded to shoot the red center completely out of the target, then I moved on back to 50 yrds. This little rifle is a tack driver! Off the bench at 50, I shot the center out of the target again. Offhand, I could hit the 4 inch steel every shot. Personally, I like it's old style fast drop receiver. It puts the gun to your cheek without having to lean into it. There's no plastic on it anywhere and unless you plan on taking it goat hunting and dropping it down the mountain, I don't see why it wouldn't last a lifetime. The bushytails don't know it yet, but Uncle Henry's heading to the woods this fall!
Old August 31, 2009, 07:29 AM   #2
Homer-Sm

One of the best "everyday" .22 rifles out the IMHO. Fun, accurate, and well built. It is the rifle that always goes to the range no matter what else we're shooting that day.

If you ever need anything done with it under warranty you'll be amazed at the Customer Service. Trust me on this one. They set the Standard for everyone else to follow. Oh and even if you buy it used Lifetime guarantee.
Old August 31, 2009, 09:43 AM   #3
41er

Homer, I love it already. It just has a natural feel to it. Thanks for the warranty and service info. (Hopefully I never need it.) A friend of mine told me this morning I can send the receiver plates back to Henry and they'll engrave them for you. That's something I may look into. With the price of ammo these days, look's like .22s are becoming more and more popular. One fellow at the range yesterday had a copy of his AR in .22 lr because of the price of .223 ammo. We may all be plinking cans and hunting squirrels again!
Old August 31, 2009, 09:58 AM   #4
beerengineer

christmas morning to remember

thinking about buying one for my 11 yr old son this christmas....i can't wait!!!!
Old August 31, 2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Hawg

Quote:
A friend of mine told me this morning I can send the receiver plates back to Henry and they'll engrave them for you.
You can buy engraved receiver covers and have both.
Old August 31, 2009, 08:42 PM   #6
Singlesix1954

I have a 22 mag Golden Boy and am impressed with it every time I shoot it.
I did add a lether comb kit, Leopold 4 power, and a trigger job. It is a sweethart and a real limbrat dropper.
Luke 22:36
Single six 1954
Old August 31, 2014, 02:52 AM   #7
450mar

Singlesix1954 ....... What kind of trigger job did you do?
Old September 4, 2014, 08:42 PM   #8
az_imuth

2009???...nevermind