The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 9, 2014, 12:46 PM   #51
AK103K

You really cant give up just after one, they all have their lemons.

Now, if you keep buying, and continue to have issues, youre likely on to something being up. I had that problem with Springfield back in the 90's, and because of it, wont buy anything of thiers now, unless I can shoot it first.

I had a Gen 1 Glock 17 back in the 80's that was trouble (also had two 19's as well that were fine, I just hated their grips then), and they couldnt seem to get it fixed, which soured me on them, and mistakenly (I realize now) because of it , I stayed away from them for another 15 years or so.

These days, I have 12 of them, including a couple of 19's, and none has been an issue, from the first round out of the box.

I have one 17 that is currently headed towards 70,000 rounds through it, and a 26 headed towards 30,000 rounds. In the 5 years or so they have been constantly shot, all Ive done, is change an extractor on the 17, and the RSA's once or twice a year. The only stoppages Ive had, can all be attributed to ammo issues (worn out reloads) or purposely induced. Im even inclined to believe at this point, that the first extractor on the 17 was fine, and it was worn out brass that was giving me troubles.

Over the years, the only things that might have come close to that, are a couple of Colt 1911's, and that was over a longer period of time, and as reliable as I considered them, I know they had more issues.

Tags
glock , heckler & koch , sig