The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 8, 2007, 12:31 AM   #1
Bigfatts

Need info on Beeman .22LR target pistol...

Well, this little bugger followed me home today. Kind of an unofficial b-day present to myself. I've been wanting it for a while and finally broke down. But the only info I have on it is what the guy at the shop told me. It was imported by Beeman in the 90s and sold under their name. It was made in Germany. He couldn't remember who made it.

It's a lever operated single shot pistol.

The barrel reads: "Beeman SP(which I take is the model?) CAL 22LR Made in West Germany" on one side; "Beeman Precision Arms San Rafael Calif 94903" on the other. There is a roll mark on the right side of the action above the trigger guard that says ".SM." and it looks like it's in the middle of a hamburger bun.

The trigger is in the ounces and looks to be quite adjustable. The stock is also adjustable. The rear sight is built into the receiver which is also dovetailed.

Some pics:

The action open:

Anyone have any idea who made this? I emailed Beeman but got no response, been about three days. Any help is appreciated.
Old August 8, 2007, 08:17 AM   #2
SDC

Not too much information, but if this "S.M." mark is the one I'm thinking of, it shows it was made by a German company called "Rhoner Sportwaffenfabrik". I can't see it very well in your picture, but it should be a circle with vertical lines through it, and with a clear banner through that circle in the middle with the initials SM in the middle. I can't say I've seen that model before, though.

Edit: I found a page with several photos of a pistol like yours, and the manual says it's a Model 76

http://www.firearmseller.com/Gallery...01_edited.html

Last edited by SDC; August 8, 2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old August 8, 2007, 08:38 AM   #3
deadin

SDC
You are correct in that the Beeman was made by Rhoner. I had an original Rhoner that had been restocked with Free Pistol type wood and had received a finer set of sights. The gun was quite accurate. The only problem I ever had with it was the link that connects the lever to the bolt cracked. Not too difficult to make a new one. (I found that parts were unobtainable.)
Old August 8, 2007, 04:36 PM   #4
Bigfatts

Cool, that's it exactly! I knew someone here would know. Now, anyone know what an approximate value would be? I would say it's in 95-98% condition.