The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 21, 1998, 10:32 PM   #1
Rob Pincus

The label on the small plastic box says EPC.
It should stand for Electronic Piece o' Crap.

I did some work for a guy with a gunshop several years ago on a trade for for X$ worth of merchandise. After running out of cool stuff he offered me this little gizmo for $50 (it was marked $79.95) at the end of my shopping spree, So I took it. I should've taken $50 worth of ammo.

It is a super miniture red-dot site that is made to go on top of a duty of CCW weapon. (about 1/2 inch wide by 1 inch long). It is horrible.

I came across the thing in my gun room tonight while looking for a holster. Has anyone ever seen one of these little gizmos or found a use for one?

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited 12-21-98).]
Old December 22, 1998, 04:43 AM   #2
SB

I was told to stay away from them for tactical use and I heeded their advice. But I never did find out why it was so bad?
Old December 22, 1998, 01:48 PM   #3
Rob Pincus

For 0ne thing, you can't see a damn thing through the little window. I mean this window is litteraly 5/16" x 5/16" and over an inch long. Hold that 20 inches in fron fo you and try to look through it.
On top of that, the dot rojected inside of it takes up 2/3rds of the "window" so forget about really seeing your target. The final straw is that their is no "glare gaurd" or wings over the the back of the window, so the slightest light source from behind you (like reflections from clouds, streetlights, houselights, the sun...) makes it even more impossible to see into the window.