The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 25, 2013, 08:52 PM   #1
MLeake

Maryland members take note...

... from Delegate Don Dwyer, Jr.

(I signed an online petition about Maryland gun control, so now I get updates even though I live in Missouri.)

This is about the status of gun control bills in Maryland, and the need for Maryland citizens to IMMEDIATELY contact their reps:

Quote:
Defending the Second Amendment in Maryland
Dear Defenders of Liberty:

Today is Crossover day! At close of session today HB 294 is dead. However, SB 281 is still alive, having already crossed over to the House Judiciary Committee.

We must not falter at the finish line. We know the vote on SB281 will likely be taken one day this week.

CALL TO ACTION:
Citizens' Lobby Week- Tuesday, March 26 Through Friday March 29

We need to have citizens lobby each day this week. If you are available and willing to come to Annapolis, on any day this week- we need you to come and line up in the gallery and sit in the balcony as many of you did Saturday. It could have a very positive effect.

Plan on arriving in time for the 11am Session and staying for

Judiciary Committee meeting if you can.

Print and bring with you the SB281 information phamplet (courtesy Maryland Shall Issue)

Be sure to write your name and district where you reside and take it to the offices of your elected representative in the House of Delegates. If you need help determining who represents you go to MDELECT.NET

Let legislators know that you are there in support of your civil right to self defense. They may tell you that those bills are "not being heard today" or that they "are not being voted today"- assure them that regardless, you are "here today" to lobby as a citizen to preserve the right to keep and bear arms as protected by the Constitution.

This effort is aimed at having hundreds of gun rights activists in Annapolis each day this week to remind legislators that we care about this issue and we will not be going away.
Phone Calls and Emails

If you are unable to come any day this week, please consider making a personal phone call to your representative in the House of Delegates to express your opinion.

Maryland House of Delegates click the legislators name to find their contact numbers.

MDELECT.NET to find your representative.

Should you care to email legislators to voice your opinion you can email the members of the respective committees, or the full body using the links below:

Email Judiciary

Email Health and Government Operations

Email All Delegates

Thank you for your continued and tireless efforts. I am proud to stand by your side as we fight this battle to preserve the very rights that our Founders knew to be our birthrights!

Constitutionally Yours,

Delegate Don Dwyer, Jr.

Maryland General Assembly

410-841-3047
Old March 26, 2013, 07:54 AM   #2
adamc

I wrote him a letter also ( a few weeks ago)
even though I'm from Connecticut, he responded to me, and now I'm on his
email list

Connecticut was the Cradle of the Gun Industry, NOW it is just a Pine Box,
Courtesy of our Governor "Chairman MAO Malloy"
Old March 28, 2013, 06:05 PM   #3
MLeake

More on Maryland SB 281

Today's update from Delegate Dwyer:

Quote:
Defending the Second Amendment in Maryland
Dear Defenders of Liberty:

We have confirmed that SB 281 will be voted by the Joint Judiciary and Health and Goverment Operations Committee TOMORROW! That is Friday, March 29th.

WHAT HAPPENS NOW?

If SB 281 gets a FAVORABLE Committee Vote, it will be on the House Floor on Monday, April 1st. Typically what happens then is that the bill will get special ordered for the next day, for the purpose of allowing time for the Amendments to be drafted. It is likely that floor debate could then take place on either Tuesday, April 2nd or Wednesday, April 3rd.
ACTION TO TAKE

Come to Annapolis tomorrow at 10 am and sit in the balcony of the House Chamber. This is having an effect!
Immediately following Session make way to the Judiciary Committee Room en masse. Some of you may benifit by going directly to the Committee room instead of going to session, so that we can ensure the seats are filled with gun rights activists.
Be prepared to return on every day next week until the vote is taken on the Floor. We will update daily as to the status, and the start time of Session for the following day.
Share to your facebook and forward this to anyone who cares about this issue.

Thank you for your continued and tireless efforts. I am proud to stand by your side as we fight this battle to preserve the very rights that our Founders knew to be our birthrights!

Constitutionally Yours,

Delegate Don Dwyer, Jr.

Maryland General Assembly

410-841-3047