The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 9, 2000, 05:37 PM   #1
PDshooter

I have a S&W640. I'm thinking about getting a ankle holster.What type do you recomend?
Old November 9, 2000, 07:52 PM   #2
VictorLouis

Galco Ankle Glove: www.usgalco.com
Old November 10, 2000, 02:25 AM   #3
skevlar

Alessi ankle. www.rfholsters.com
Old November 10, 2000, 10:23 AM   #4
Joe 543

"Renegade" I for got who it is made by. I've been wearing one now for almost ten years with my s&w 642. I bought the holster when I bought the 642 when the 642 first came out. holds it like a sock. I've ran, jumped over fences, you name it.

The 640 is a bit heavy for an ankle gun. You might want to look at the 642/442 or the new titanium model 342-? That is if your going to be wearing it every day.....

Joe
Old November 10, 2000, 04:27 PM   #5
Jhp147

The Renegade is by DeSantis. Not as nice as an Alessi, but is about half the price, I have worn one with a 642 for a few years with good luck. Will probably pop for an Alessi next time, it seems to get rave reviews.
Old November 10, 2000, 08:54 PM   #6
PROSOUTH

I use the Galco Anlke glove daily on duty. I carry a S&W 442 airweight in it. It is comfortable and has never been compromised.Honestly sometimes I forget I have it on. That tells me it is comfortable.

The wrap around 1/4 inch foam is about 4 inches wide with velcro ends. It is well suited for the ankle. However in bad weather I wear my Danner boots and they are a little bigger or longer around. For this I had a piece of leather made with a velcro male side on one half of a side and the female half on the opposite side and half. This made a nice extension for the wrap around to be used outside on larger boots.

Let me add that there are two different models of this holster. One has a snap-strap to retain the weapon,the other is the retention model with a screw adjustment to tighten the holster. I have used the retention model for quite sometime and it is quick and works great.Like the above post says run, jump or whatever it still stays put.

I cannot quote the model number, but Galco's website has their E-Dress and they will be glad to help you.

PROSOUTH